Somali Hijackers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Back in the old days we used to endorse pirates quite a bit. Some of the best pirates were sometimes privateers who were hired to harrass British shipping. And vice versa I'm sure. These Somalians are doing it all wrong.

There is only one answer to this type of behavior. Make the result of the behavior too costly for them to continue the behavior. Put armed guards on the ships and when possible, hunt the pirates down and kill them. The problem is age old and the solution is age old. Supposedly the pirate leader said something about "killing the infidel." The media is not making a big deal about that but what would be the reaction if one of the Seals said something about "killing the raghead SOBs"? Wonder what rifles were used? Would a type of M16 have offered a sure enough kill? My guess is that it was a 308.

I'm sure the media would be quick to critcize the SEAL. And your right, putting armed guards on the ships heading through the area would be the best detterent.

Before you get your knickers in a knot, I did not label them with this term. It is internationally recognized.

"Piracy is of note in international law as it is commonly held to represent the earliest invocation of the concept of universal jurisdiction. The crime of piracy is considered a breach of jus cogens, a conventional peremptory international norm that states must uphold. Those committing thefts on the high seas, inhibiting trade, and endangering maritime communication are considered by sovereign states to be hostis humani generis (enemies of humanity)."

I think they got what they deserved. They gave no consideration to this man, or his family while they held a gun to his head. Who knows how the situation would have ended had they made it to Somalia. If the ransom would not have been paid, do you think they would not have killed the captain? This is a problem that has gone on long before this situation, it is the lack of dealing with these pirates directly that has emboldened them to commit more and more hijackings IMO.

Fill in the blanks.....

The only good _______ is a dead _______ !

a) terrorist
b) pirate
c) all of the above.
d) none of the above (this choice only if you're a far left nut job)

That's right, (c) is the correct answer.

TO

75yds... didn't expect that short distance. But who said pirates were smart. Anyone who has worked on a ship knows that 75ds broadside to a large capital vessel is like standing outside of a highrise building.

Dumbasses. Chewing too much Khat makes skinny stupid.

75 feet!

unless its a misprint..

Thats pellet gun range.. the lifeboat was under tow..

Any good marksman can hit a fairly small target under 100m with an M-16. A trained sniper can do even better.

The .223 round of an M-16 will do instant fatal damage when it penetrates a skull. The very high speed of the round will make mush of a brain. Another plus for the high speed is the fact you have that fraction of a second less movement of the target to worry about. The round will be there in less than one tenth of a second.

So I wouldn't rule out the SEALs using the M-16 with scopes to shoot the pirates.

I have qualified Expert with the M-16 in both the Army Guard and US Air Force. With I stationary target, I am certain I could hit it at that range. Now with the motion of ship and lifeboat, I could most of the time, I think, hit a person sized target, but I have not trained doing that. So I am glad I wasn't shooting.

Bill G.

Users who are viewing this thread