Somali Hijackers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

true guys, though I always prefer safety in numbers.

Grand_fleet_jutland1.jpg

I'm sure the sight of her bearing down on them at 33 knots would be enough to make them soil themselves, but it would be those 16" shells screaming in from 20 some-odd miles away that would be the icing on the cake...
pi_grr.gif

you nailed it Njaco. the new ships are starting to look like Sounthern ironclads. Maybe the south was going for the stealth approach?

interesting cross stealth fighter bomber design.....wonder if the Fletcher class can fly ? ....... probably. wonder how many small missiles she holds within ?

:lol: Once the bubbles quit coming out, it became VERY quiet and darn near impossible to detect.

Oh yeah RA, completely motionless once all the air's out. :lol:

Vassili: That's true, but its also pretty bad when one of the commanders accidentally steps on the handle for the diving planes while the sub is in motion with the hatches open, and five of his crew ends up dead.

Yeah, that's true Messy, it's down in Charleston. Actually got to see it a couple of years back with our Grandpa. It was pretty cool seeing it up close, but it did leave you with a bit of a haunting feeling as your looking at it.

I cam imagine. Would like to see it. Was down that way years ago as a Boy Scout. We stayed a few nights aboard the Yorktown, but that was long before the Hunley was found. Any pics?

Nah, sorry Messy. Don't think we took any pictures when we were down there (we must have been 11 or 12). If we did have a camera, I have no idea where'd it be.
You got to spend a few nights on the Yorktown, cool! What was it like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back