Sopwith Pup 1:1 scale.. This Pup will fly.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Geo, I don't have a facebook account. (I'm the only person I know who doesn't) Under what name and where is the aircraft being built? Perhaps I could track it down online.

I have a FarceBook account but only because our Mosquito restoration group has a page and I wanted to be a contributor. I've accepted friend requests from a couple of people just to get a decent number of feeds but have stopped following one because of all of the political BS being bantied about. This forum is still my go-to for social media.

I have a FB account. It was one of the conditions of my then young kids having one. I've become reconnected with a lot of people from my past, some good and a few I not so good. Mostly people I graduated from school with. It's been great for keeping up with reunions events and so on. Also keeping in touch with my cousin in England. Lately I've also joined a couple of modeling groups which for the most part are OK but not anywhere near the caliber of this site. Lately though I find myself spending less and less time there, especially after the latest US election. It's riddled with BS, so called " fake news" and advertising. That and the fact that some people seem to have the need to photo document every waking detail of their day ! I refer to it as "Lame Book". I don't text people, hell neither my wife and I even own a cell phone ! And I generally describe people glued to their smart phones as " finger banging their soothers" so yeah, I'm guilty of using FB. Did I mention I still listen to records on a turn table ?

I totally agree with you Graham, regarding the use of FB.
I maintain relative contact with family and friends living somewhere in the world and it has been gratifying to find friends and former classmates from the university and up to kindergarden. I'm also on some interesting pages of modeling, military aviation and WWII. The sad thing as you say is the amount of irrelevant garbage and those who document and inform the world even when they go to the bathroom!:meh:
Each time is less the time that I dedicate to FB. This forum is also for me, one of my favorite places to learn, share and enjoy with people and topics related to similar tastes.

The cell phone in my case "is a necessary evil", for reasons of work and immediate communication with customers, suppliers and my children who live in Monterrey.

By the way I'm also a lover of LP records and enjoy them on repeated occasions on a modular Onkyo that I have had for more than 30 years. Only a little more recent than the copper cylinders of our friend Terry. ;)

Saludos amigos :thumbup:

By the way, this Pup project is impressive. :pilotsalute:
Hopefully and Night Fighter Nut can give us reason for what is the status of your bird or where to look for references in this regard.

Un abrazo y saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back