Hello everybody,
There is something I would like to make clear; all the information provided here is always taken from internet or any of my E-books. I hardly ever write something by myself, translating only when I am not able to find the information in english; one of my main sources is the wikipedia, although in many occasions the information is incomplete or wrong. What I wanted to say is that I dont pretend to attribute all that information to my personal effort; I just copy the info and post the photos so you can understand better the circumstances under all theses planes flew.
Concerning the nickname of "Pablo",it was also used along with the "Bacalao", but this one was more frecuently. The amount of planes sent to Spain is a extremly polemic subjet in Spain; experts are not able to reach an agreement. In any case Vg-33 seems to have good sources, so I think you can trust him. The only thing I can do is to recommend you some good books (the e-book versions are available everywhere and are very easy to find and download) where you can find what you are looking for:
- Weapons for Spain, Gerald Howson. a very polemic book; some spanish experts are not agree with him
- Ali d´Italia series. These books provide a very good information about the italian planes of the SCW.
- Classic Publications, Luftwaffe colours, Volume One, section two; The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939.
- Elite Osprey 0053 - International Brigades In Spain (1936-39)
- Elite Osprey 0131 - The Condor Legion - German Troops in the Spanish Civil War
- Osprey Campaign series 0060 - The Ebro 1938
- Osprey Men at arms 0074 - The Spanish Civil War 1936-39
- Osprey Aircam/airwar 003 - Spanish Civil War Air Forces
- La maquina y la historia - Perfiles aeronauticos españoles
- Air magazine. It´s a french magazine. They usually publish very good articles about SCW planes.
- Avions magazine. It´s a french magazine. They usually publish very good articles about SCW planes.
Forums/Sites
AERONET GCE / IBERONET Probably the best forum of the spanish aviation. If any of you have a question about the SCW, you will find the answer here. You can write in english; there are people from many different parts of the world and always someone answer in english.
AviationCorner.net - Fotografía aeronáutica - Punto de encuentro para spotters en español Many of the pictures I post here are from this site.
Spanish Civil War aircraft - Home Page
Military Aspects of the Spanish Civil War
AVIONES GUERRA CIVIL ESPA¥OLA
Enjoy!!