SPECIAL ENDING FOR NANAIMO RESIDENT

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Special ending for long-lost Nanaimo native shot down and killed in 1944 This link is now dead

The online edition of The Province newspaper no longer carries the story so this is the bare bones of the article.

There will be special ending Monday to the sad story of Sgt. Eric M. Honeyman, a Nanaimo native who died in 1944 when his U.S. Air Force bomber was shot down in Belgium during the Second World War. The B-26G Marauder was one of 10 planes that went down that day but it was the only one never found — until 2006, when some Belgian hikers stumbled across a scrap of cloth near some wreckage.

Geo

Last edited:
Oh, I have thought Nanaimo is a tribe name relating to our people as it happens to mean Seven Potatos like Nanairo for Seven Colors.

R.I.P. :salute:

:salute:

Nanaimo is one place i will remember, played Box Lacrosse against the Nanaimo Timbermen back in 1980 just before playing for Australia in the Nations in 1980 championship series in Vancouver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back