Special Hobby 1:72 scale Heinkel He 100

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Yet another Heinkel and another that didn't get a fair shake. Very hot looking airplane. The kit is great, not many parts, a sheet of PE parts and not so great instructions. What looks like some inaccuracies as well. First off the cockpit seems all wrong so I'm going to build a new one, the kit supplied seat is far too small as well. The other thing I have noticed is the flaps. On the top surfaces they look like they are fabric covered and split and open from the wing root outwards. From the bottom they look like they are skinned with metal, not split and open well under the fuselage outwards. From the pictures I've seen the latter seems to be accurate. The gear bays are also devoid of any detail so I'll tart them up a bit as well. From what I can see so far I'm also going to be doing a lot of sanding and trimming as well. Mostly on the wings and wings to fuselage.
He100 (1)r.jpg
He100 (2)r.jpg
He100 (3)r.jpg

Turning out to be a very nice kit, needs help detail wise. A bit of bling for the wheel bays. I can't find any pictures of the real deal so I winged it. Cockpit I've found some pictures. My attempt to make it more like the real deal instead of the kit supplied parts. I used hypodermic needles for the gun barrels. The Pharmacy guy. I would like some needles, to inject what serum, no I just want the needles no syringes. Well what for ? 1:72 scale machine gun barrels. He's cool, usually just gives a bunch to me.

He100 (15)r.jpg

He100 (18)r.jpg

He100 (21)r.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. Got a reaction when I went to the Pharmasave and asked for 100 syringes; "and needles?" "Nope...just syringes for drawing paint and thinner". And then it was a 30 second stare down before they sold them to me

Looking good. Got a reaction when I went to the Pharmasave and asked for 100 syringes; "and needles?" "Nope...just syringes for drawing paint and thinner". And then it was a 30 second stare down before they sold them to me

I was tempted to say the War Dept. and I are into S&M Pagan piercing rituals but I figured then he would make me pay for them !

Another flapectomy. Again, no luck finding any pictures of the inside details so I just winged it again. The kit is a bit floppy flap wise. On the upper surfaces there are inner and outer flaps. One from the wing cant to the fuselage and one to the wing cant to the aileron and molded surface detail to look like skin. On the bottom it has just the one from the wing cant in molded like skin or fabric

Untitled2.jpg

He100 (5)r.jpg
. Also different sizes top to bottom.

Here is a screenshot from a documental movie showing the He-100 V8 prototype during tests. The flaps can be seen partially on the left near the left bottom corner of the shot. . IMHO all control surfaces were of the metal structure with the fabric skin.

he-100V-8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back