Spielberg Hanks Reunite For HBO Mini-Series "Masters of the Air"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chris, he mis-spelled band also - it's bnad in Swettish!
Looking forward to this series. If it's as good as Band of Brothers, it'll be well worth seeing.

Speaking of P***l H****r the WORST part for me was when he said that the P-40 can't outrun a Zero under any circumstances, I'm sure it bugged someone else right? I mean really, get ONE fact straight please. It has been torturing me for years.

The writer is still at it slow slow

A picture of Robert Rosenthal and crew moments after completing their 25th mission. This meant they could go home and train others. Not Rosie. For him, the job was not done. He flew 27 more missions, totaling 52 (the average lifespan for a B-17 crew was 11 missions)

John Orloff (@johnorloff) | Twitter

It will be interesting to see the reaction to another Spielberg WWII product post David Irving tell-all video about the law-suit, and what was done to him with Spielberg's financial backing.

Interesting that it features the 100th Bomb Group.
They were based at Thorpe Abbotts in Norfolk, juts four miles by road from where my "Tin Tent" is based, and I've visited the excellent control tower museum there a couple of times. (pic below).
None of the volunteer staff there mentioned anything about the forthcoming movie, so I wonder if the museum was consulted ?

TT3.jpg

Interesting that it features the 100th Bomb Group.
They were based at Thorpe Abbotts in Norfolk, juts four miles by road from where my "Tin Tent" is based, and I've visited the excellent control tower museum there a couple of times. (pic below).
None of the volunteer staff there mentioned anything about the forthcoming movie, so I wonder if the museum was consulted ?

View attachment 740085
Terry, i think its a series like Band of Brothers and Pacific.

Yep, I understand that, but was just wondering if the production team had consulted the museum.
An earlier Press release from HBO showed some filming taking place in the Hemel Hempstead "old town", in Hertfordshire, dressed as an East Anglian village and, at that time, the production crew were still looking for a suitable airfield to use, with Manston being a possibility. Haven't heard anything further on this though.

EDIT:- Just read that Dalton Barracks, the former RAF Abingdon airfield, now a Royal Logistics Corps (Army) base, is used as the airfield.
Another coincidence, as I did my Para course at Abingdon, before No.1 PTS moved to Brize Norton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back