spitfire FR IX "pink" father daughter build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks about right Karl. Don't add any more, remember it'll go a bit darker with the clear coats. Good job mate.

tried a pastel wash on mine, not sure if i've ruined it though !

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 69
ok Terry i just think the wash has stained the paint a bit !
might be ok with some klear then the decals on and a bit of gunsmoke and exhaust stains

I think it'll be fine mate. Don't overdo the gunsmoke streaks, the slipstream tended to whip most of it away, and most people really do make the streaks too heavy, and far too long. Bear in mind they wouldn't be black or dark grey, as most modellers represent. You've seen the muzzle and flash suppressor of a 'Jimpy' - the smoke deposits are a mid-grey colour if you remember. Any smoke stains around the cannons would be confined to the muzzle area, and those from the mg's would stretch back no further than the main spar on the top surface of the wing, a little further back, growing feint, on the undersurface.

cheers Terry

my apologies Wojtec, i wasn't planning on putting any more paint on as its had 4 coats already ! and i want to retain as much detail as i can

i thought yellow paint was hard to get right but pink is a nightmare !!!!

my apologies Wojtec, i wasn't planning on putting any more paint on as its had 4 coats already ! and i want to retain as much detail as i can

i thought yellow paint was hard to get right but pink is a nightmare !!!!

It's OK Karl.I asked about it because looking at all shots I got the impression that the pink colour is too transparent and that's way the grey background can be seen slightly.

I can suggest , for the future of course, using ( applying ) a gloss cote firstly .These yellow, red, pink and white paints like the kind of a primer.

started on the decals last night
aprils first then mine

Attachments

• Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 78