Spitfire Mk IX c Early Version 1/48 Eduard

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Crimea River and Lucky 13.

The cold continues, step little time on the bench, this is moving very slowly.

To glue the wings painted the wells of the landing gear.

Spit044.jpg

Spit045.jpg

Spit046.jpg

Also painted the doors of the landing gear...

Spit047.jpg

Spit048.jpg

rear landing gear ...

Spit049.jpg

and covers filters.

Spit051.jpg

Spit050.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

Looking good. Thanks for the update.

It's cold here too with the "highs" this weekend to be in the mid minus twenties so hopefully I will spend some time at the bench as well!

Some weathering on the parts already painted.

Wells and landing gear doors and rear set of landing.

Spit054.jpg

Spit055.jpg

Spit056.jpg

Spit057.jpg

I painted the propellers and exhaust.

Spit066.jpg

Spit067.jpg

Spit068.jpg

I'm finishing gluing the wings and fuselage to start painting the model.

And, for now, is all.

Best regards

ajcmac

Lovely work there! I have a couple of late model Mk IXs from Eduard. How are you liking the kit so far? Your work indicates you are loving the kit!

Thank you all for your comments :thumbright:.

Lovely work there! I have a couple of late model Mk IXs from Eduard. How are you liking the kit so far? Your work indicates you are loving the kit!

dneid

This is the second Spitfire, that I buy from the Eduard. The first is a Spitfire late version and now the early version.

I think the kit from Eduard Spitfire is as good as the models from Tamiya, in fitting the pieces as the details

I glued the two halves of the wing, the two halves of the fuselage, already glued the wings to the fuselage and not used putty. Sanded a bit to take the brands of the glue.

Regards

ajcmac

All ready to start painting. Fittings are perfect. I simply sand the joints to undo the glue marks on both wings as the fuselage. The only draw point is the cowling of the engine. The Eduard could avoid the problem :evil: and have done the upper cowling in one piece.

Spit058.jpg

Spit059.jpg

Spit060.jpg

Spit061.jpg

Spit062.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

With everything already glued painted the lower surface with Azure Blue (a mixture with Tamiya paints)...

Spit 069.jpg

Spit 070.jpg

Spit 071.jpg

Spit 072.jpg

and then started shading.

Spit 073.jpg

Spit 074.jpg

Spit 075.jpg

Spit 076.jpg

Spit 077.jpg

Regards

ajcmac