Stripped down Mosquito MK IV 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything, partly due to a bit of mental fatigue for this project, partly because in my youthful enthusiasm I thought I could wrap my bike.

Tip 1: Don't do this yourself
Tip 2: Find a simple model
Tip 3: Don't start with an HD Electraglide with a complete suitcase set
Tip 4: Don't do this yourself
Tip 5: Calculate what you need, including 10% extra and then order double
Tip 6: Don't do this yourself

So I'm half way through, I'll put the tank and fairing on the bike, and when it's a bit warmer, pfff, what a piece of work, I've been walking around with muscle pain in my fingers for weeks.

Anyway, back to the hobby

Because I was completely fed up with the wing and cockpit, I started one of the side projects that I want to add to the model, so instead of the original plan that everything had to work on the model itself, I want to build a number of things enlarged to improve its operation. show and 1 of them is the landing gear. Not that this will be super detailed, but that the principle is clear, so some hoses, etc. must be visible.

I had made this before, just search again, but oh well, I wouldn't be if I had to rebuild it again, so I printed out the parts again, now straight and much sturdier with the new resin and with the prototype for the nose started again. Now building is really fun, so I build on the dining table and the box with cat food is also there, because otherwise the box is constantly empty when it is on the floor where a herd of starving Chihuahuas are walking around. The tripe hangs on the ground, but they still think they haven't had food for days.

But it is standard that, as soon as I push the chair back and put my suitcase with tools on the table, cat 1 reports, "eating" and then with its butt on my cutting mat. Cat 1 stalls, and hop, cat 2 shows up, then cat 3 shows up for the meal, so 2 cups of coffee later, the owner can also do something and just hope that those thieves haven't stolen my parts or used them with my tools are gone,

Okay, enough babbling

I tried to make a video for YouTube, but that was a bit of a hassle, so now just the photos. The whole thing can therefore move like in the real Mossie, the hydraulic cylinder that controls this can be seen through the brass rod that is visible above the ribs, the intention was that I could demonstrate the movement with this.

There will be some more details and color added, I will also print the rim (to add some weight)

9c8dca85becbb6f0ca0931e66c96dbe7.jpg

28bf8516b1a01016233b969b17adbfc2.jpg

eb89de6ea6ae3761103f48f2d59b5b93.jpg

14ed11cd15e65436df0a18be445faddb.jpg

e75e81570eb707bc7b25856947453a5a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back