Stripped down Mosquito MK IV 1/32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy, thanks, but it's true, when I started after a couple of months, I needed also a few days to get it again.

Ralph, you're right, I had a solide IP, I thought about it after I made the first guaches, but then I thought, "well, it's my hobby, not my work, so,who cares 'bout time"
Your suggestion with the writing part, wow, never thought about it and if the possibilty if there, would be good to investigate

Andy, thanks, but it's true, when I started after a couple of months, I needed also a few days to get it again.

Ralph, you're right, I had a solide IP, I thought about it after I made the first guaches, but then I thought, "well, it's my hobby, not my work, so,who cares 'bout time"
Your suggestion with the writing part, wow, never thought about it and if the possibilty if there, would be good to investigate
Using the text function allows multiple font choices. When a text is 'hung' on a centerline it orients to that. This CL can be rotated, angle wise, and the text will follow. Within this feature the applied text can be mirrored by itself, or rotated. A neat feature for sure. Not perfect but so much easier than creating each by hand.

In case there are people who think this project has died a soft death, it isn't

Only I'm busy with digital modeling, so a lot of drawing and correcting a lot more. The advantage of this is that you
scratch and then fit it into your virtual workpiece. Since I don't have any dimensional drawings and therefore have to rely purely on reference photos, the digital part is very suitable for trying things out, (although I would like to have much more experience in my drawing program and the capacity to remember it :) )

Anyway, I have made a number of screenshots of the state of affairs in the cockpit, at the same time I can also try out how to keep the cockpit as open as possible.
With this work you will find out that there are also mistakes in the HK MKIV and the Tamiya, they are detail, so I also left a mistake on the instrument panel, I wonder if you find it

Oh, just a moment, the rack for the receiver behind the pilot seat is a first version, it still needs to be adjusted

f6add744870e46627f70e5054a418a5a.jpg

d2f4740d93cdb0f5dfd0a8717153b74e.jpg

e5b55f9b728e4d3700ec772f6c3bac07.jpg

fa3dbe4c24d391b1214d7404ab00dfef.jpg

40f90906e9379a717ad0fd942b59adef.jpg

Doing wonderful work, regardless of your "limited", LOL, experience with 3d.
I used to have Autocad Inventor at home. I used it in a machine shop, loved it.
But at 4,400+$ a year subscription, ack!

Liking what you are doing.

Liking what you are doing.
Autocad Inventor was like having an anchor attached when trying to do any designs. I used to be partners in a design company and we had to create designs based on what the customers platform was. Sometimes Inventor, we charged extra. For me SolidWorks was the easiest to work with. Not sure in Australia, but here in the US SW offers a program for individuals who are not going to be using it for commercial gain. It is $99 per year. It is called something like 'Creator'? But cloud based and as such there are requirements on you to have a service that will provide adequate connectivity (internet speed) as well as having a system that is up to snuff hardware (graphics) and software wise (W10). Unfortunately I fail on both. I, if lucky, have 5Mb/ps and refuse to give up my dependable ole W7 system (wife has a W10 system, what a PITA!!)

Liking what you are doing
Thanks, I'm using SW an old "student" version, but a license will cost me more then 4000. But, for a new project I will try Fusion 360, a dude on a Dutch forum use it and it's looks great. Ralph, maybe you can try it aswell on a folder systemen?

Thanks, I'm using SW an old "student" version, but a license will cost me more then 4000. But, for a new project I will try Fusion 360, a dude on a Dutch forum use it and it's looks great. Ralph, maybe you can try it aswell on a folder systemen?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try the 30 day trial, and if it can import the designs that I have from SW and it is not just a re-boxed 'Inventor', it may be worth the $545 per?

Downloaded Fusion 360, non-commercial version, free. Loaded it on my wife's crappy W10 system, bare minimum everything, and it lights up. I did a couple of exercises and with a bit of a learning curve (have to UN-program mental SW processes), but it seems to have enough whistles and bells to satisfy what I need. Somewhat intuitive, just have to get familiar with where the hot bottons are and what some of them do. Anyone who has ridden a #D platform should have no problems adapting to this one. Seems there is a limit on how many 'active' models are allowed? Unlimited 'stored' allowed though. I believe the active can be stored and the stored made active as long as you stay within the limits.

I will sit, wait and see your first attemps :)
May be a long wait before I produce anything that would be shareable. Go ahead and download, it is a free install with no time limits. It does have some feature limitations but none that would keep me from doing 90% of what I ultimately want to do.

A bit drawn between all the companies, the radio set with the parts that are often not visible, the storage compartment for the inflatable life raft is also drawn in the second photo, but the details still have to be added

e8eb4d04daa6eaea07e4a79b87d78059.jpg

3ab23039a9546c4565ef796ab172b4c8.jpg

I can draw the wiring (will be quite a job because I don't know exactly how to do that), but they will probably not survive the printing process, so I prepare everything so that I can lay the cabling myself

Icoon voor Geverifieerd door de community

Openen in Google Translate

Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back