Stripped down Mosquito MK IV 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's come out quite well Bert. The back of the panel should look like a bowl of spaghetti when you're done. Here's something I put together for my reference:

Parts ID Behind Instrument Panels.jpg

Well, a bit of history again
Pilot Smith and navigator Johnson flew back from a successful mission over occupied France on May 14, 1944. The weather was calm, no headwinds, no 190s in the air, so it was a smooth flight to their late breakfast.
"MIAAAAAUUUUUUWWWWWW" on the port side
"WTF is that?" exclaimed Johnson in dismay, looking around immediately for anything to see
"MIAAAAAUUUUUUWWWWWW" it sounded again, but now on the starboard side and immediately a huge shock from the Mossie
Johnson looked directly aft and saw that almost the entire aft section was in tatters, the complete controls for stabilizer and rudder hung together while the hull looked as if a blunt saw had been run through it.
"Oh no, that's going to be a wet suit," Smith cried right away as he tried with all his might to keep the Mossie upright. "Johnson, watch the angle of inclination and elevation"
With a lot of effort and endless prayers, both managed to get the plane just over the rocks at Dover and put it down in the first pasture they came across. Still trembling with adrenaline and fear, they looked at the back of their plane, really as if a large claw had been run through it. Suddenly Smith said "Jesus, it's true, I didn't believe the others, but this must be the work of that new
german "Schwartze Katze Geswader" So we were very lucky.
Well, the whole story is correct, so my young black cat tapped the back of the Mossie on the ground and the complete control was thus killed, so everything was spread over the ground, lucky that this happened at night and that the dogs couldn't reach it, otherwise the evidence would have been eliminated too. And the cat..........................still MIA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted :
Anyway, I managed to save a few things, but still had to crank up the printer
8922c746860b4429f55a56cb67b5a4bf.jpg

This has been happening for several weeks, so I actually didn't feel like continuing, but yes, that's a waste of all the work
So I just printed out the cockpit where everything was put together digitally and then it looks like this
060a1894bc559b1d86238c19be3099ff.jpg

efde33b553fd62893bd6c1fb15901058.jpg

163be9e30abdd1ddf7dd2981a3aed8fa.jpg

So it will be something.
I am now busy drawing up the counters, but that is really a time-consuming job
Made a kind of rendering of the picture
37a289b4e93770593c02b3c9f1dc80c7.jpg

Oh my word what a disaster, no wonder you have been quiet for a while, most of us would have been livid, loving the cat or not. Full marks to you for eventually picking up the energy to continue. The detail in the cockpit is fantastic so make sure you lock it away in a cat proof box of a night. :D

Well, a bit of history again
Pilot Smith and navigator Johnson flew back from a successful mission over occupied France on May 14, 1944. The weather was calm, no headwinds, no 190s in the air, so it was a smooth flight to their late breakfast.
"MIAAAAAUUUUUUWWWWWW" on the port side
"WTF is that?" exclaimed Johnson in dismay, looking around immediately for anything to see
"MIAAAAAUUUUUUWWWWWW" it sounded again, but now on the starboard side and immediately a huge shock from the Mossie
Johnson looked directly aft and saw that almost the entire aft section was in tatters, the complete controls for stabilizer and rudder hung together while the hull looked as if a blunt saw had been run through it.
"Oh no, that's going to be a wet suit," Smith cried right away as he tried with all his might to keep the Mossie upright. "Johnson, watch the angle of inclination and elevation"
With a lot of effort and endless prayers, both managed to get the plane just over the rocks at Dover and put it down in the first pasture they came across. Still trembling with adrenaline and fear, they looked at the back of their plane, really as if a large claw had been run through it. Suddenly Smith said "Jesus, it's true, I didn't believe the others, but this must be the work of that new
german "Schwartze Katze Geswader" So we were very lucky.
Well, the whole story is correct, so my young black cat tapped the back of the Mossie on the ground and the complete control was thus killed, so everything was spread over the ground, lucky that this happened at night and that the dogs couldn't reach it, otherwise the evidence would have been eliminated too. And the cat..........................still MIA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted :
Anyway, I managed to save a few things, but still had to crank up the printer
View attachment 720954
This has been happening for several weeks, so I actually didn't feel like continuing, but yes, that's a waste of all the work
So I just printed out the cockpit where everything was put together digitally and then it looks like this
View attachment 720955
View attachment 720956
View attachment 720957
So it will be something.
I am now busy drawing up the counters, but that is really a time-consuming job
Made a kind of rendering of the picture
View attachment 720958
A great tail!

Filling the counters is therefore a very time-consuming job, it can be done faster, but I have not yet discovered that with my basic knowledge of SW.
So you have to draw each number separately and with the temp gauges of oil and radiators you can't just mirror, because then everything is in mirror image. It is possible with copying, but I have more trouble with the alignment and the time required for this than with drawing the numbers again.

Now you don't see a damn thing about all that work on this scale, but it's about the idea that there is a correct IP in it

Photo of a rendered IP, hence the lines etc. of the screen

2074355520fd7d0b06fd3f9250732e93.jpg

Filling the counters is therefore a very time-consuming job, it can be done faster, but I have not yet discovered that with my basic knowledge of SW.
So you have to draw each number separately and with the temp gauges of oil and radiators you can't just mirror, because then everything is in mirror image. It is possible with copying, but I have more trouble with the alignment and the time required for this than with drawing the numbers again. This text function allows mirroring .

Now you don't see a damn thing about all that work on this scale, but it's about the idea that there is a correct IP in it

Photo of a rendered IP, hence the lines etc. of the screen

View attachment 722433
Are you creating a single solid model or an assembly? Assuming you are going to 3D print part, and my knowledge there is really limited. If the printer can accept an exported assembly model then individual guages can be stuck on and mirrored separately. Just a thought. I had usually used the text function to create the letters/numbers I wanted and then extruded them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back