Stripped down Mosquito MK IV 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had already written a few times that I was stuck with the wings, especially the control of the flaps, so I started doing other things to reset, including the LEGO, but also drawing, working on my "new engine Well, lots of other things that take time too. I now leave the wings for what they are and have started rebuilding the cockpit. Well, with me everything has to be done in 3 times I believe, but now in the digital form and 3D printer.
The drawing takes a lot of time because you don't have any dimensional sketches, so make everything based on feeling and then you are sometimes wrong, so I first draw the various parts separately and then assemble them digitally and then you sometimes come surprises and you can go back to the digital drawing board. Then printing the piece, the printer didn't feel like it, so find out why and replace a few things, but you have to wait for that. If you can finally print, it turns out that parts that looked reasonably sturdy on the screen are still too thin in practice.......................... .....yes, you probably guessed it.........back to the digital drawing board. But oh well, you also learn a lot from it, anyway thinking in steps ahead, the skill in drawing, although that remains in beginner mode with me and solving mistakes or decisions.

Okay, just a few pictures of the wing flaps

6a176a95991eb509fa92e20783fc2e3c.jpg

ef965f00752407e8e100b95651bf40b8.jpg

And here's the construction drawing from the Internet, unfortunately I lost the source

0740b3d18319598a0f3c9f79d6113a4e.jpg

The red markings are the pivot points as shown on the drawing at the bottom, but you can see, through the fiddling, searching for the right movement and place, sometimes something comes loose or something started to wring and I had to cut it loose.... ..................why should I make it move again?......................... ..good question :)

Then just the parts for the cockpit where you see the foot pedals for the rudder and the base where they have to go, furthermore a cockpit floor and the construction for moving the flaps and elevator via the control stick. Also made a new chair

a6839f1e830490648c529fd3c593cd12.jpg

72f7c4583b982058d884e8c04bd8521a.jpg

Yep, there are also a few spare parts ready, just in case something breaks again

Here's a page from the Squadron Signal "Walk Around" book, showing the angled outboard side, and the head armour area angled aft.
Note that the seat harness shown here is a "modern" addition, and different to the wartime harness, whilst the cushion in the seat pan is where the seat-type parachute pack would fit.
On the right side of the seat pan there is a release for the shoulder harness, attached to a cable that runs up the back of the armour to the harness shackle. The release grip and cable are not seen In the pics. A fire axe was also mounted on the rear of the armour plate.

Mossie seat Bert.jpg

Well, I mainly draw and solve stupid blunders with my engine, both take time, I will spare you the second, in the first case an overview in the digital version

Well, I'm mainly drawing and solving stupid blunders with my engine, both take time, I'll spare you the second, in the first case an overview in the digital version

a1dd6a01774b5eae039ce07b8259c5d1.jpg

Ah, the old version of the chair is still on here, so I modified it a bit and printed it out again. It's not much, but the panel plate has been given a better shape in response to a tip from another forum and an armrest has been made, unfortunately it's hard to see in the photo I see now, so a better photo will come back

628a3e797a5657477988096711023496.jpg

Also played with the IP, based on the photos of the real thing

You can see the front on the 1st photo, the back on the next photo, just see if it could be drawn and printed

299acfc4f2b68164b3e04801b6731afe.jpg

The disadvantage of drawing is that you sometimes zoom, so everything seems oversized, you start printing, it is all just too good, so rather flat, paint goes over it, you start to miss details

6bddf75dd8e54b44d86b5cb89cdb74da.jpg

b0a2243759c0e553bc1c0e7eeef574d1.jpg

Oh well, that's how you keep busy

Between all the companies, I also adjusted the IP a bit and made a test print again, the counter edges (bezels?) have been raised a bit and the switches on the lower center console have been adjusted.
In the photo you see 1 counter looking a bit bad, but again this is purely a test print, but much better to my liking than the previous version

About the odometer layout, well, I'm going to draw first, otherwise I'll grab a set of aftermarket odometer images in 3D, as suggested

2f2b1ec767de6ee2db4866b8ef50ee1f.jpg

47e1849343d2eca191f954e8d706f60e.jpg

And how big is this thing anyway?
Well

1284be23249caad6849ed4a990cff46c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back