TAMIYA 1:48 F4F-4/FM-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clear coated and washed. I overdid the scratches but will be all but hidden once installed. Agrax on the firewall and Badab on the chain components

IMG_0011.JPG

Just added a before shot...

upload_2018-7-21_19-46-56-png.png

I think it came out well. Just enough depth now so it doesn't appear so stark and sterile.:thumbleft:

Was going to suggest the same as Chad but it's covered now. Those radials liked to spit a lot of oil and there would be plenty of it blown back on just one engine run.

Last edited:
Good shots. Tamiya has the screens placed about a scale foot inside the housings, all but invisible. Fuselage together and curing. A first for me...absolutely no mud. Still in Step 1, the horizontal stabilizer/elevators and rudder to be installed shortly.

upload_2018-7-23_10-33-19.png

Thanks guys. A real rarity for me Andy. Meanwhile, back at Step 1, Tamiya's rendering of the horizontal stabilizer/elevators is a one piece affair as opposed to the norm of separate parts. I was a bit leary of this: loose fit, seams to fill......

IMG_0005.JPG

....well sirs....gosh darn seamless.

IMG_0012.JPG

I share the diverse opinions of the guys's Band.
:wav:

It's nice when the quality of the kit only allows you to make adjustments or changes that occur to you. I like the good progress you have so far, Geo.
I will keep an eye on your process and interesting contributions from the Band to your thread.

Saludos amigo. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back