TAMIYA 1:48 F4F-4/FM-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad you caught it before you got those other paint layers on. Onward and upward sir, looking nice.

Thanks all. I've repainted the lower color as well as the cowling and the propeller cuffs. I say repainted because the first time I painted the fuselage white I added a few drops of Vallejo Grey primer to tone down the whiteness and add a contrast to the bright white of the the insignia stars. Didn't take much to repaint everything. The cuffs were painted white on most real FM-1/2s and other anti-submarine aircraft to try and hide the dark void of the cowling opening. I've never seen a head on shot so I can't say how effective it was. Something I haven't seen on other builds but is prominent on many propellers is the propeller data was masked off when the white was painted on. My plan is to paint some clear decal sheet black, apply the decals and then cut everything out and apply to the props

upload_2018-10-4_18-5-20.png

I want to see how those propeller cuffs are going to look. I will not lose detail!

Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Props done. The decals were a pain to cut out even with a new blade. After damaging one I resorted to scissors which was only slightly better. Did touch-ups with Tamiya Semi-gloss Black. Not quite like the photo but does add something. One day I'll figure how much paint to use and airbrush the props

upload_2018-10-7_11-4-45.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back