Tamiya 1/48 Kawanishi N1K1-J Shiden (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ozhawk40

Master Sergeant
Hi all

Just thought i would post some pics of my last build. This Tamiya went together very well. I didn't need to use any filler at all, so it was an enjoyable build from that point on view, but that's Tamiya. The build was straight out of the box and used the box decals. I didn't both doing any research on the plane, but I did find a picture of it later in the Famous Aircraft of the World series. If I'd seen the picture first I may have done a little more weathering. This was my first go with using a ink pen for the panel lines and some pastels.

I did make one error with the decals, but I won't tell you - consider it your challenge to find out where! :D

Shortly after completion, this aircraft did try to take flight, but predictably crashed to the floor kamikaze style. The Antenna was the only damage, and I haven't fixed it yet. :rolleyes:

Anyway, on with the show!

Attachments

• shiden front high - revised.jpg
    shiden front high - revised.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 279
  • shiden front three qtr - resized.jpg
    shiden front three qtr - resized.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Shiden front - resized.jpg
    Shiden front - resized.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Shiden side high 3 resized.jpg
    Shiden side high 3 resized.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 207
  • shiden 341S-23.jpg
    shiden 341S-23.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 283
Airframes was almost correct because they could have been the totally wrong meatballs!

See Pic below, and yes, it's the same a/c.

The correct answer was the prop stencils were 90 degrees out. Dohh! Didn't realise until too late. :oops:

Hope Amsel doesn't do the same thing in the PTO group build. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Attachments

• 341S-23 in US colours.jpg
    341S-23 in US colours.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 181

Users who are viewing this thread

Back