Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima A6M2-N Kit #61016

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Close enough. I didn't want big flakes in the interior

IMG_0003.JPG
 
Thanks, Jesse. I brushed the hairspray quite thick so maybe that's the reason for the fine chips. Next time, a thinner application
 
Sorry for the crappy pics, not an easy area to photograph. I just found out, because the combined intake in the cowling changed with A62M update, a new intake was added in the main float support, gap not included

IMG_0002.JPG

​
I got my handy dandy circle cutter out and cut the appropriate size from a sheet of paper and then white glued it in place

IMG_0005.JPG
 
Well, well... Are you going to wire it up like the one in the photo??? It'll only be half an engine anyway... Hahahaha...
:bored:

Jokes aside, a good start. ;)

As for the paint, the metallic black looks to me like the best choice as a base for the cylinders.:rolleyes:
 
:laughing3: Not gonna happen Sergio. As much as I admire those who do super detailing, this is as good as it gets

IMG_0001.JPG

​
As can be seen, started dirtying it up and detailing. With only one eye at the moment, lots of touch ups coming. Not sure what the blemish is that the arrow pointing to as I can't see it in real time. A couple of other places as well
 
Thank you. I.P. decal on, leaning against my handy dandy Mircroscale anti-spill cage. Too late for this bottle but others will be saved

IMG_0005.JPG

​
After further reading, I find out that the red primer was the same shade as the Hinomarus. I have a mix but I looked in my paint storage and found a very close enough shade using my my colour picker in Paint.net

IMG_0006.JPG

​
It goes by this lovely name......

IMG_0009.JPG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back