Tamiya 1:72 scale Bf-109 E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
WOW ! Nice little kit. For a guy who grew up with Airfix a Frogg I'm pretty impressed with the detail and quality of this model. I'm pretty much building it out of the box except for a couple of changes. I cut out the flaps (PITA) so I can position them in the extended position. Also the leading edge droops I cut out as well so they can be shown hanging down. Havn't been around for a while, nice to get caught up on some of the other builds people are into.

Some pics so far.

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

What's a Super Bowl ? Is that like a glutzillion portion of chip dip or what ?

That's out of the box, not what I would call super detailed but a hell of a lot nicer than some of the kits I grew up with.
Airfix had one real kick ass kit back in the day, 1:72 scale B-26 Marauder, it was packed with detail !
The only thing I'm doing to the 109 kit is lowering the flaps and droops which I cut out.

I can't believe I started this that long ago. Anyways it's done. Ran into a few snags but I'm pleased with how it turned out.
109g.jpg

109a.jpg

109k.jpg

109e.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back