Tel's Tin Tent !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
With getting older, and knackered with arthritis, the time has come to bin the idea of camping, with a tent, at air shows and other outings, so I've bought myself an old camper van - hence the title, 'Tin Tent' !
This little beauty is nearly 26 years old (older than my youngest daughter!), but, apart from a couple of minor cosmetic things, easily put right, it's in excellent condition, with relatively low mileage, and was owned from new, by one person, for 23 years of its total life.
It's fully equipped with sink, oven and hob, fridge, toilet and shower, blown-air heating, full on-board lighting which works from a leisure battery or 'hook-up' on site, has a wind-out awning on the side, and even a TV and DVD !
Having sent some pics to Karl, he advised that I should ditch the pink 'doggie' cushions on the sofas (which convert into forward-facing seats, with belts, or beds, with another slide-out, double bed above the main living area), and get some more 'manly' ones, which I'll do, and also ditch the other pink girly stuff I found on board, kiddies stuff, thankfully !
Note the graphic on the top front, above the awning - that'll have to have some appropriate additions, maybe wings and a jet pipe !
Looking forward to getting out and about this spring and summer (if the weather improves ), and I might start a thread of 'Tel's Travels'.

Attachments

• Forum 3.jpg
    Forum 3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Forum1.jpg
    Forum1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Forum 2.jpg
    Forum 2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 96
  • Forum 4.jpg
    Forum 4.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Forum 5.jpg
    Forum 5.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Forum 6.jpg
    Forum 6.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Forum 7.jpg
    Forum 7.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 89
Yep, and as far as I know, being a 'motor home', if you're kipping in it, legally parked, you can't get 'done' for being in control whilst under the influence !
A couple of camp/caravan sites I know of, are actually on the grounds of country pubs, literally a few yards from the front entrance - now where's that road atlas !

Nice Terry! Me and the Pre-Wife were thinking about doing some RV travelling so we were checking stuff and I found a Ford RV similar to this pic for $3500. Runs and is clean with great upkeep by the present owner. Really thinking about this...................
ford-travelaire-motorhome-camper_3331538.jpg

Hmm. Looks like I'll have to guard it with Mick's life whilst at Duxford!
Chris, get it!
There were a couple of those for sale here in the UK, and they had great interiors. But of course, with the cost of fuel here, it wouldn't have been practical for me.
I almost got a 'European' motor home, about the size of that one, but it would be an obstruction where I park, and not practical for normal, day to day use.
The good thing about camper vans/motor homes is, that in most countries, they have a low mileage, only 'coming out' for a few weekends per year, and the odd couple of weeks in the summer, and have been well looked after. Not surprising, considering the initial cost when new - my Tin Tent was well over £30,000 when new, and the average 4 to 5 berth motor-home, in the UK, can be well over £70,000 new, these days !

Methinks I'll have to get a 'Stealth Cloaking System' fitted to TTT, si that it can't be seen and painted !
Italian 'smoke rings' .... er, no.
And that other bl**dy suggestion is definitely out !

Well, they're all part of the Peugeot / Citroen group now old chap, but I couldn't really call it a PPP ....... Peugeot (insert appropriate 'P') Puller, now could I ?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back