That's It, I'm Leaving........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hay fellow Devonian (former South Brent) bon voyage have a ball and if you get close to Canberra (It's a long way from Sydney) PM me and well have a stubby or two and see the sights.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

I'm too jealous to comment....

but i guess i just did!

happy trails finding the "HAPPY TRAILS"!

No visit to the States?

Don't worry..it's a good thing! Stubby: small-size beer bottle.
Not worth cracking open a normal sizer in Oz, 'cos it goes flat in no time...your best bet's a stubby in a 'stubby holder' - small sleeve of wet-suit material that helps keep it cold.

Quick update time! Your well wishing must have worked as everything has gone brilliantly so far. Bangkok was hot, noisey, polluted and colourful. Although there's a lot of western type shops around it's a very different culture and I couldn't believe how polite and friendly everyone was! There are national flags, Budidst shrines and pictures of the royal family absolutely everywhere. Shame I couldn't stay longer.

New Zealand seems really nice, but today the weather has been grey and raining, just like what I left behind in england! Oh well, got 12 months and I'm sure I'll have lots of nice days ahead. Everything seems a lot more spaced out here, if you ignore what side of fthe road people drive on it really looks like a generic American small town

Flights also went fine, the only issue was the lack of legroom. I didn't even get jet lag! I'll upload some photos into the personal gallery when I get the chance, but in the meantime this link should work (feel free to add me as well) Alex Jones's Photos - Bangkok | Facebook

So ( as to quote an promotional tourism add for Oz)

Where the bloody hell are ya? ( will you be coming down Christchurch way? )

In Nelson right now. We stopped in Christchurch but only for a couple of days so only really saw the town centre. We'll be back though, time to start looking around the country in the new year. Have to say I really like this place so far, can't believe the scenery and how much space there is. I could see myself staying here.............

Nelson's nice , go up there most years for christmas break

If and when you do come back down to Christchurch , 2 places you should try and check out

1) RNZAF museum at the now former :)evil:) Wigram AFB ( its free now too , thought the tour through the restoration hangars cost about 10 bucks IIRC)
2) Ferrymead historical park , try and make it a saturday , Il proberly be there and could take you or a 'behind the scenes' look round ( If I'm not there , talk to Denys he'll take ya round) entry fee's pretty cheap too

Glad ya like the place so far!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back