The Aircraft of Hptm. Peter Spoden I./ NJG 6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's first time for everything chaps! :lol: No, wait....the He-219 was/is a non-13, so is the Beaufighter. I'm sure that I can squeeze in another crate if you want. The '25 and the Beau are only waiting to get the final smoothing down of the fuselage joints and order the canopy masks.

Is this going to be an unusual "unofficial" GB, as a tribute to a man and his time in the Luftwaffe as a nightfighter during WWII? Rather unique me think....8)

DSCF0002-56.jpg

Hmm. Would be rather nice to have some sort of GB for his aircraft, and perhaps some of his comrades from the same NJG.
Daniel, not sure about Revell and the '88. Guttorm probably knows more, and I know he said the original plan was to have the JU88A-1 with parts for an A5 (I think), but the deadlines were too close. It wouldn't surprise me if they've engineered the moulds to be able to add the tools for parts for other versions though. But, I'll be doing a 1/48th JU88 nightfighter - won't have room for 2, plus 1 temporary, 1/32nd scale '88's!!

A building of a such model is a piece of cake, some sawing here and there and voila.:lol: But time , time is not on our side.;)

Darn! Can't find the right1/48th scale kit - except a rather expensive Dragon kit, and that would need some conversion.
Can't even find a 1/72nd scale kit, but I'll keep looking.

I'll have to check back on the web-site where I found it Paul, but IIRC it was around £40. Personally, I don't care how good the kit is, but at that scale, and for that price, I think it's too expensive - especially when you consider the fantastic Revell 1/32nd scale JU88 can be had for £30 !!

Yep! Just checked it again Paul. It's actually £46 !! I have found a Dragon one at Model Hobbies which is cheaper, but it's still £33, plus shipping! Sorry, I'm not prepared to pay that sort of money for a medium sized 1/48th scale kit! I mean, Hell's teeth, another £15 would get a 1/48th scale Lanc - a lot more kit for the money!
I also found a 1/72nd JU88C, which I believe is a reasonable, but not good kit, and even that was over £15 ! What is it with the late-model JU88's that makes them so expensive??!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back