The Aircraft of Hptm. Peter Spoden I./ NJG 6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maximowitz

Tech Sergeant
Jun 30, 2008
London, England.
I'm sure there's more than a few of you who know of this man. I've been fortunate enough to have been corresponding through email with this gentleman for the past year or so, or more correctly he's been putting up with my stupid questions for a year or so!

Peter was Gruppenkommandeur of I./ NJG 6 and before that served with NJG 5 and finished WWII with 24 night victories and 1 daylight victory. After the war he had a long and succesful career as a Lufthansa pilot until his retirement. You can read more about him here:

Peter Spoden

He kindly sent me some artwork of the Bf 110's and Ju 88's he flew and I was wondering if I could encourage a few of the model makers here to build one or two? If there is some interest I'll alert Peter and see if I can bring him over to take a look.

The profiles are not 100% accurate so I'm pleased to say that Erich, another of Peter's old friends, will be helping out and giving us the benefit of his vast knowledge. So here we go... take a look!

Attachments

• myaircrafts1943-45.jpg
    myaircrafts1943-45.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 631
Thank you Paul for uploading these profiles. Looking at them I'm sure that these colours are incorrect, But it is not the author's fault but scan quality. Both Bf 110s seem to wear the standard camo scheme RLM75/76 for night fighters used in that period of war. The problem appears to be the Ju-88 camo pattern. These look like machines with the winter camo. But I'm sure these were of the stndard one too.

Yes, spot on Wurgermeister! The unit codes are not correct either but we'll get there in the end. :D

Here's a photo of one of Peter's Ju 88's that Erich posted on the forum that I've swiped!

Attachments

• NJG6.jpg
    NJG6.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
it has been enlarged W from the original. Peter flew two different Ju 88G-6's that I know of. the profiles look like a C but maybe an R configuration, as far as I note Peters record he was flying the Bf 110G-4 through his days literally against the US heavies and then at night. will have to see when he came into NJG 6 but think he first flew the G-1 variant and not the C/R variants. At the end of December 1944 his Gruppe in NJG 6 was equipped with the Ju 88G-6 and remained the standard mount of his gruppe and into I./NJG 6. the IV.gruppe with the famous "Tino" Becker as he flew the Ju 88G-6 but some of the other Kameraden in the other staffels in 4th gruppe flew the late model Bf 110G-4.

ah man I am getting Zzzzzzzzz so better get off to it.

comment guys/gals if you would. Really wish someone would by an old Dragon Ju 88G-6 kit and do up his crate. I can help

E `

Must be someone who has the dragon kit in their stash - I think Jan may?

Anyway sure looks an interesting crate , will keep my eyes out for a 88G-6 kit ,they're a little rare in this part of the world though

Also Dan , wheres the list of our GB dates? I've searched the forum abit for it without success

Ah B*ll*cks! That's another one I'll have to put on the list now then, isn't it?!!!
If the man himself is going to see it, then I guess I'll have to do a JU88 (already done the '110G). Better get myself a kit!

Ah B*ll*cks! That's another one I'll have to put on the list now then, isn't it?!!!
If the man himself is going to see it, then I guess I'll have to do a JU88 (already done the '110G). Better get myself a kit!

That's the spirit! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back