The American airshow, Duxford, May 2016.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice stuff Dogsbody.

i will start mine with some ground shots, if some look the same as Terry's shots its because we were stood next to each other ! :lol:

DSC_0008b.JPG
DSC_0008e.JPG
DSC_0008f.JPG
DSC_0008g.JPG
DSC_0008i.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG

Nice shots Karl.
I'm coming towards the end of the display pics, although there's still some static shots, and a few of the refurbished American Museum to sort yet. I'll post some more later this evening.

Trying to make me feel guilty won't work - I know you were watching the hockey, whilst working on your Hellcat and drinking a beer !
My spies are everywhere !!

AM 292.jpg
AM 293.jpg
AM 294.jpg
AM 295.jpg
AM 297.jpg
AM 300.jpg
AM 302.jpg
AM 303.jpg
AM 304.jpg
Here's the final selection of the flying display from me, with the fighters landing, but there's still s few more to come, showing the re-furbished American Museum, and some of the departing aircraft, including the Osprey.
The 'Red Arrows' closed the show, but I didn't bother getting more than a token couple of shots, as we went to see the changes in the American Museum.
Sod's law dictated that there was a bl**dy flag at the exact crossing point of the 'cross over pair' !!!

The American Museum had been closed for just over a year, as re-furbishment and a few changes were undertaken, and this is what it looks like now, again divided between two posts.
The P-47 used to be on the floor, the B-25 has been re-painted, and a new Mustang replaces the plastic replica that hung on the opposite side previously.
The B-17 has also been re-painted, and the F-15, previously displayed outside, near the entrance path, has been restored and hung from the ceiling.
Final selection from me will follow soon, showing some of the aircraft departing after the show, with the Osprey being an unexpected bonus.

AM 305.jpg
AM 306.jpg
AM 307.jpg
AM 308.jpg
AM 309.jpg
AM 310.jpg
AM 311.jpg

Thanks Geo and Andy.
Here's the final two selections from me, showing the departures at the end of the show, and I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse at the American Airshow.
No doubt Karl will post more of his shots when he has time.
Next show outing for me will be 'Flying Legends in July', again at Duxford, when I should be meeting up with Gary (Geedee).
PICS 1 to 6. We were lucky to see the Osprey, which had been on static display, start up, taxi out, and take off.
PICS 7 and 8. This former RAF DH Devon and a Twin Otter were parked on the southern perimeter of the field, near the runway threshold. It wasn't until I examined the pics, that I discovered that the Otter belonged to the British Antarctic Survey.

AM 319.jpg
AM 320.jpg
AM 321.jpg
AM 322.jpg
AM 323.jpg
AM 324.jpg
AM 325.jpg
AM 326.jpg

Final set, and thanks again for your interest and kind comments.
PICS 1 and 2. The Huey lifting off and departing.
PICS 3 and 4. Skyvan departing.
PICS 4 and 6. Bronco on the way home.
PICS 7 and 8. A lovely DH Rapide in 1950's RAF colours.

AM 327.jpg
AM 328.jpg
AM 329.jpg
AM 330.jpg
AM 331.jpg
AM 332.jpg
AM 333.jpg
AM 334.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back