The Beach is Officially Open... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have you been to Ship Island off of Biloxi? Cool fort and cannons

What no white pointers, box jellyfish or crocodiles....some of the lovelies you can find down here in 'some' coastal regions of Oz...but wait...no problem here....GI Dan is on the job!!..:D

White Pointers! Hah!

I was the secretary for an international aviation committee meeting in Melbourne. I was finalizing the meeting minutes and remembered that one night a group went to the beach to see if they could see any "White-Tippers".

Well dumb$hit American engineer geek that I am thought that these guys were shark spotting for White Tip sharks. I put this into the meeting minutes as a point of interest and proceeded to send the minutes out to the whole international community. Needless to say, I received quite a few guffaws from my readers. Quite embarrassing when your boss comes down and asks why you felt compelled to include reference to topless women in a technical meeting summary. Ooops. :oops:

so Matt you guys to the north have a bunch of white tippers too eh ? plenty down here in southern Oregon coast but generally too much rubber 60F and windy great to bare the skin huh

no kidding my NW friend and there will be more you know it or they will be closing beaches and then hunting down ALL sharks not just the great white. my bro lives down there and he has been scared for some 5-6 years even while body surfing the crazy things are getting real brave.

Sad that we have beaches only worthy of sun tans for 2 months out of the year, maybe 3 if we have a decent September and no fog/wind. Personally I luv January with the roll of the tide and some great weather a bit nippy on the Ti**ies for uncovers like D and B

true that..I think I fell even MORE in-love with him when he broke out the GI Dan doll and proceeded to build him a bunker. :lol:

After the tourist season begins, at Va. Beach, I'll have to wander down
that way with my 300mm lens and see what I can capture. The big
problem at Va. Beach is the boom-boxes and the rowdies... and of course,
those who are intoxicated. The cops will let just about anything go. Last
year they arrested a woman in a thong, and the judge threw the case and
the cops out of court.

Charles

curious in ol Mississip and VA are any of the beaches privately owned like in southern Cali ? In Oregon that is taboo though some have tried to fence and rope down lanes right to the ocean, pretty honking funny as the coast guard rips these obnoxious things down time and again

E still too cold on the coast to expose the white tippers here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back