THe best song/lyrics writer? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't get me wrong. I love the The Doors music. Get a good recording and they flippin' rock man.

I'm ambivalent about musicians and film stars. They can be extremely left or right in politics, but good music or good film is good music or film. I do say that I will refuse to watch those that pontificate too much however, as I can't stand idiots preaching to me.

Last edited:
Matt, I edited, for I thought what I wrote was stupid.
Sorry, I oftenly say craps too.
Being a simple human.
I agree with you, any creation, music movie or whatever is worthy and may be subjected to critizism.

No worries my friend. I did not wish to imply that I disagreed with anything you posted. I agreed with you 100%. I think our posts between us got lost in the Franglish translation. It is all good! :lol:

For the most part, I agree with both of you. My #1 exception is that walking, talking, Hollywood turd Tom Cruise. I will NOT EVER see anything he does. I haven't seen a single movie he has done after Cocktail as that is about the time be became holy-er than thou.

Thank goodness no-one has mentioned Jim Morrison, I mean, the man rhymed "fire" with "fire"!
Drug indused lyrics I can understand, but, really? "fire" and "fire"!

Let's not forget CCR's Looking Out My Back Door

Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
Won't you take a ride on the flying spoon?
Doo, doo doo.
Wond'rous apparition provided by magician.

Man, those were some great pharmaceuticals!

For great songwriters, here is my list, in no particular order
Elton John and Bernie Taupin
Lennon and McCartney
Gordon Lightfoot (Bob Dylan was a HUGE fan of him, BTW)
Alan Parsons and Eric Woolfson
Neil Peart (Rush)
Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Paul Simon
Jeff Lynn (ELO)
Tom Scholz (Boston)
Carole King
Pete Townshend
Sting
Robert Plant

Let's not forget CCR's Looking Out My Back Door

Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
Won't you take a ride on the flying spoon?
Doo, doo doo.
Wond'rous apparition provided by magician.

Man, those were some great pharmaceuticals!
My favorite (possiblly) drug induced lyrics, "I saw a lion, he was standing alone with a tadpole in a jar."
My position; Can one really be alone if one has a tadpole in a jar?

Drugs and lyrics have been hand-in-hand ever since there have been drugs and lyrics.

E.A. Poe, anyone?!?

E.A Poe did wrote lyrics ?
Knew Michael Moorcock did for Blue Oyster Cult, but i'm unaware for Poe.

Last edited:
Can understand.
It's ok with me.
So : E.A Poe's french translator, Charles Baudelaire should do the trick in poetry, talent and drugs too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back