The Better Metallica Album....

Which is The Better Metallica Album....

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Choice is between thier first and second albums, Kill Em All or Ride The Lightning....

For those who dont know or havent heard em in awhile, Ill load up the tracks, but be patient as the comp is glitchin....

Which album is better in ur opinion??? Which songs are ur favorites???

Kill 'Em All....
200px-Metallica_-_Kill_Em_All.jpg

"Hit the Lights" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich) – 4:17
"The Four Horsemen" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich, D. Mustaine) – 7:13
"Motorbreath" (J. Hetfield) – 3:08
"Jump in the Fire" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich, D. Mustaine) – 4:41
"(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth" (C. Burton) – 4:14
"Whiplash" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich) – 4:09
"Phantom Lord" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich, D. Mustaine) – 5:01
"No Remorse" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich) – 6:26
"Seek Destroy" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich) – 6:55
"Metal Militia" (J. Hetfield, L. Ulrich, D. Mustaine) – 5:11
"Am I Evil" (originally recorded by Diamond Head) - 7:51 [1989 re-issue Version Only]
"Blitzkrieg" (originally recorded by Blitzkrieg) - 3:34 [1989 re-issue Version Only]

Attachments

• 01 Hit the Lights.wma
    4.9 MB · Views: 64
  • 02 The Four Horsemen.wma
    8.3 MB · Views: 52
  • 03 Motorbreath.wma
    3.6 MB · Views: 63
  • 04 Jump in the Fire.wma
    5.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 07 Phantom Lord.wma
    5.8 MB · Views: 54
  • 06 Whiplash.wma
    4.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 05 (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth.wma
    4.9 MB · Views: 59
  • 08 No Remorse.wma
    7.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 09 Seek Destroy.wma
    8 MB · Views: 55
  • 10 Metal Militia.wma
    6 MB · Views: 51
  • 12 Blitzkrieg.wma
    4.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 11 Am I Evil.wma
    9.1 MB · Views: 77
Ride The Lightning....
200px-Metallica_-_Ride_the_Lightning.jpg

"Fight Fire with Fire" (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton) – 4:45
"Ride the Lightning" (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Mustaine) – 6:41
"For Whom the Bell Tolls" (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton) – 5:09
"Fade to Black" (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett) – 6:59
"Trapped Under Ice" (Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett) – 4:08
"Escape" (Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett) – 4:24
"Creeping Death" (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett) – 6:35
"The Call of Ktulu" [Instrumental] (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Mustaine) – 8:55

Attachments

• 01 Fight Fire with Fire.wma
    5.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 02 Ride the Lightning.wma
    7.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 03 For Whom the Bell Tolls.wma
    6 MB · Views: 52
  • 04 Fade to Black.wma
    7.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 05 Trapped Under Ice.wma
    4.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 06 Escape.wma
    5.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 07 Creeping Death.wma
    7.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 08 The Call of Ktulu.wma
    10.3 MB · Views: 54
RLT only because it was showing the pattern for the next 2 albums. progressive influences featured well and hasn;t aged.

Kill em All is good and the guitar work is good. However Im not a huge fan of the tone from the marshall JCM 900s mods they used. So that erks me a little, and the production was ****:D

Just like to say a little bit more, Kill Em All needs a little bit more credit

Hit The Lights was a ground breaking song that basically invented thrash, because it was a sound that Inspired Anthrax and Slayer

Seek And Destroy is a F*cking classic

the opening Riff tingles my bone every time i hear it

but naturally i chose RTL because 1. vocals were better, 2.More Bass 3.KIRK HAMMET!

I prefer Ride the Lightening better but I voted for Kill Em All.

Kill em All defined Heavy Metal Music. It broke barriers and changed the way Heavy Metal Music was looked at from that point on.

Kill em All will forever go down as the album that defined a generation and started the whole Thrash Metal scene.

Having said that Ride the Lightning with songs such as For Whom the Bell Tolls, Call of Ktulu, Fade to Black, and Creeping Death is the better album and led to there masterpiece and the greatest metal album of all times, Master of Puppets.

Both of these albums have some of the best live songs though including Hit the Lights, Seek and Destroy, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black and Creeping Death. Anyone who has seen a Metallica concert knows what I am talking about.

I've never been that much of a Kill em All fan. Although it had a big effect on music, seeing as I wasn't born when it was released I can only view it in comparison to the rest of their albums. So whilst in itself it is a good record, Ride, Puppets and Justice are all much better.

Plus, Ride contains one of the best solos, best riffs and best songs ever written (on the title track, creeping death and fade to black respectively)

No i meant you said Kirk Hammet for your choice of RTL. I thought you were saying you thought it was Kirks first recorded effort with metallica and thats why you chose it. Doesn't really matter anyhow.

I agree thought Ride the lightening is better for its progressive qualities.

What are you talking about

Dave Mustaine was the Lead Guitarist of the Album, he was kicked out like a month before the album released and replaced by Kirk Hammet, and it was Kirk Hammet that went on tour with metallica

Dude Hammett recorded on Kill Em All. Mustaine was kicked out less than a month before the recordings were due to occur and Hammett joined then.

Dude Hammett recorded on Kill Em All. Mustaine was kicked out less than a month before the recordings were due to occur and Hammett joined then.

No man youre WRONG,

go on to the Metallica Megadeth thread and read what Adler posted then come back to me, then go to wikipedia and read that if you still dont beleive me

Sorry.

I'm not wrong.

Quoted from Encyclopedia Metallica.com

Having done his audition for Metallica, Kirk was accepted into the band; on this day he did his first gig with them in New Jersey. Exodus, Kirk's previous band, went on to release some good thrash albums in the 80's and early 90's.

May 1983
They went into the studio to record their first album, Kill 'Em All , produced by Paul Curcio. Originally, this album was to be called "Metal Up Your Ass", but the record distributors refused to release an album with such a name. The name was immediately changed to Kill 'Em All , in reference to the record industry's distributors.

and quoted from wiki

After Mustaine's departure, Metallica recruited Kirk Hammett, Exodus guitarist and one-time student of guitar legend Joe Satriani, whisking him into the studio barely a month after joining to record the album.

So hmmmm...............

No Hussars you are wrong! I am the greatest Metallica fan of all times and I am telling you that Kirk joined right before they recorded Kill em All. Dave Mustaine recorded the demos and helped right most of the music.

Kirk was in the studio to help record the album. Read below....

However, there was also considerable tension between Mustaine and the rest of the band (particularly Hetfield), which resulted in him being sacked in early 1983, just prior to the recording of Kill 'Em All - he went on to form the band Megadeth, who themselves would later achieve multi-million selling success. After Mustaine's departure, Metallica recruited Kirk Hammett, Exodus guitarist and one-time student of guitar legend Joe Satriani, whisking him into the studio barely a month after joining to record the album.

No man youre WRONG,

go on to the Metallica Megadeth thread and read what Adler posted then come back to me, then go to wikipedia and read that if you still dont beleive me

I dont have anything in there stating that Kirk did not join Metallica before Kill Em All was recorded. It just has info on important dates such as when members joined, such as Cliff Burton who recorded some stuff with them and did not become a member until a few months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back