The Falklands

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have been digging for a book that I had of cartoons drawn by the Army to help morale. There was a brilliant one of a Para 'explaining' to a blowpipe operator why he should be carefull of where they come down. Unfortunately I cannot find it.

Pity as there were some very good cartoons.

Nonskimmer said:
Charles, we got rid of ladies threads for a reason. Kindly refrain from posting girly links in the future. Thanks.

Sorry , I forgot that this was an ANTI-GIRL forum... :rolleyes:

My apologize for the off topic, Glider and Plan_D: nice discution.

for now on you can post links from naked men,not woman,they are more of the taste of the people here jajajjaa

Nonskimmer said:
Do bears with toilet paper do the Cha-Cha? ;)

Would that be the Cha-Cha Charmin?

4charmin_small2.jpg

Nope sure aint.

And arial81 I really dont like you comment there. I think the only one so far in this forum besides Lanc that likes guys might be you! Please dont make remarks offending other people here anymore as was stated by other members of this forum you know where the door is and you may kindly leave!

I think considering what they had to work with the British did exceptionally well. They were lucky even to have the Harriers if I understand what the official opinion was of carriers!! As far as I know there are only two major countries that still use conventional carriers: Russia and the US. The whole thing was that they had to make do with what they could get. It would have been embarrassing for Britian to have to get the Americans involved so they could have air support from conventional aircraft. They did a very effective job. It is not the aircraft or its capabilities that make it deadly but the pilot in charge, to a certain extent. In Finland Buffalos were downing Bf-109s in the right pilot's hands. Britain had the right pilots and gave them the right training. Argentia blinked at this game, where Britain had called its deadly bluff. Argentia simply did not have the will to go all out to destroy the British totally- there were too many worries about other countries such as the USA crying "Unfair Play" and rushing in shooting on the British side. Quite simply Argentia was playing a last roll of the dice in the Falklands to save its face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back