The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had to get my Sushi fix…

C9903A90-2E28-4699-B6A5-5974B4AD0157.jpeg
D2984956-3ED3-4812-843F-03BA9ABD46D8.jpeg
0D8A1C77-69F7-4E50-8867-9259311270F5.jpeg
A066DC91-6B1E-476D-9868-5B09088F4B23.jpeg
B3ED386E-1341-41A9-B529-A173BE61296E.jpeg

They make sushi with all sorts of things now.

This was not too bad in price at all. Very, very good.
Huh! used to go to Edogin in Tokyo and never saw anything but fish/rice/nori and wasabi and ginger on the side. A stretch, but it was a pure sushi experience. I really don't 'trust' the freshness of the fish here in the states, so I tend to not eat much other than the tuna styles. Have to admit, those photos do make me crave something other than the supermarket California rolls offerings.

Huh! used to go to Edogin in Tokyo and never saw anything but fish/rice/nori and wasabi and ginger on the side. A stretch, but it was a pure sushi experience. I really don't 'trust' the freshness of the fish here in the states, so I tend to not eat much other than the tuna styles. Have to admit, those photos do make me crave something other than the supermarket California rolls offerings.

These is the pretty standard "American" sushi you will find in ever major US city today.

Here in Redding (true NorCal), we have several Sushi houses and one Chinese restaurant that offer "fushion" sushi.

While I don't like sushi, it is interesting to see the variety they have.

I made chicken nachos and black beans tonight. Nachos had chicken, cheese, minced cilantro, fresh garlic, jalapeños, green onions, and tomatoes topping 'em. Beans had jalapeños, garlic, and tomatoes cut up into 'em, warmed on a simmer/low heat for an hour or so to meld the flavors.

My mouth still has that beautiful slow-burn from the peppers, 45 minutes after eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back