The Food Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

C1B4E995-B283-4DA1-A6AA-BDF888DCC2D5.jpeg

I've started my diet again. Well I prefer to call it my lifestyle change. I need to lose quite a bit of weight. Sunday is my cheat day, though. I can eat whatever I want. I have to satisfy my foodie needs afterall.

This Sunday I am going to make a Cioppino. I tried one in Vegas last year at the Oyster Bar. Fell in love with it.

A16EDF55-A045-4488-83D1-F96FCD150CE3.jpeg

UGH! I wouldn't feed that to my dog!

It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaay too good, I prefer Ribeye but NY Strip will do, looks delicious... :thumbright:

*DISCLAIMER* I don't have a dog.

I used to prefer ribeye but as I got older the % of fat stopped jibing with my stomach so well. My preference is actually T-bone, but it's so much more expensive. Once trimmed, both cuts are leaner, though these NYs were perfectly marbled for my taste. I marinated them in a blended red wine for a couple of hours, then drained them and gave them a Montreal rub. Asparagus and potatoes were both done with butter, olive oil, and seasonings. I was very happy with how it came out.

These three NYs ran to $38, three T-bones would have been north of $60.

My dog loved the couple of small slices he got. :)

Thanks for the kind words, y'all!

Last edited:
I've started my diet again. Well I prefer to call it my lifestyle change. I need to lose quite a bit of weight. Sunday is my cheat day, though. I can eat whatever I want. I have to satisfy my foodie needs afterall.

This Sunday I am going to make a Cioppino. I tried one in Vegas last year at the Oyster Bar. Fell in love with it.

View attachment 702361

That is a thing of beauty, but I'm not sure my teeth could handle the shells. :D

I marinated them in a blended red wine for a couple of hours, then drained them and gave them a Montreal rub.
Okay, the wine and Montreal rub accounted for the very rich colors.
Asparagus and potatoes were both done with butter, olive oil, and seasonings. I was very happy with how it came out.
Those potatoes are remarkably seasoned and browned, probably had a good crisp to them.
My dog loved the couple of small slices he got. :)
I'd imagine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back