The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I was a young 2lt in the Tx National Guard, most of the leadership were Vet from Nam. I had zero time in grade. All the other Plt leaders were 2 Lt and prior service enlisted. I was an outcast. Heading to active duty in a couple of years, no one really wanted to train me. I had a 2 man platoon. Me and the Plt Sgt. Now I am heading to another thread. One of the other Plt leaders was older and a little over weight ranger. He always said the beer and blue bell ice cream was the breakfast of champions. Here is to breakfast.

Stocked up on some deli turkey and chicken from Walmart. Tonight's meal was a hickory smoked turkey on regular white bread with pepper jack cheese, ketchup, mayo and stone ground mustard. Looking forward to Friday where I'll be getting chicken tawouk from a local cafe that specializes in Greek and Mediterranean food. Appropriate given that this weekend is the local Greek festival.

My kids asked for Paella again the other day. They ask and they shall receive.

IMG_7759.jpeg

I did a very nice Sauerbraten the other night...no pictures but trust me , it was goooood!!
I love sauerbraten. Invite me for dinner, please. The best sauerbraten I ever had was at a German restaurant in Meductic, New Brunswick, Canada. I had dinner that night with Bob and Willie Zildjian of the Sabian cymbal company.

Tried my hand at marinading chicken tonight after some I made the other day didn't turn out as well as I hoped. The marinaded chicken was so much better, and I'll probably do that from now on. Might also try it on boneless pork chops.

I found a quick dessert recipe that I have been using the last year. A can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls cut into small pieces. Place in a greased casserole dish. Empty a can of pie filling (I use cherry but peach or apple work great also). Mix and put into oven 350 degrees for 20 minutes. It's like a cobbler but very quick. Love it.

Scallops, warm black pudding, bacon and pea salad

View attachment 724810

Harissa spiced duck breast, braised baby gem lettuce, pickled red cabbage, crispy carrot and kale.

View attachment 724811

Must be out of the photo range? But where are the sides of catsup and ranch dressing?

Kidding of course. Both look wonderful. Another set of Sunday offerings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back