The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Decided to do some cooking, so I got some sort of pack out of the freezer, only just beyond its "best before" date ( not bad, January 2021), and I'll bung it in the ding box tomorrow.
Any possible side effects/gastric anomalies, will be offset/cured by the bottle of "T Stoff +2" (Spanish brandy) Karl gave me !!

Other than being old and really good at drinking beer, I do cook and have some favorites that I whip up now and then. This week will de-fridge a marinated corned beef (usually prepared on St. Pat's day with cabbage and potatoes), adding a large amount of spices, coriander and ground black pepper mainly, on the fat side, wrap in multiple layers of foil and then 8+ hours at 225 F. Pastrami deluxe!

I'll have to share some photos of the whole chickens, and occasional duck, along with a rib or two that I load in the outdoor smoker unit. It will hold more meat than I can afford at today's grocery prices! But like Don, its 103 every day here in central Texas and not to friendly to be outdoors hugging an oven (smoker)!

Another Poor Boy breakfast I make sometimes. easy and tastes' good.

breakfast.jpg

Other than being old and really good at drinking beer, I do cook and have some favorites that I whip up now and then. This week will de-fridge a marinated corned beef (usually prepared on St. Pat's day with cabbage and potatoes), adding a large amount of spices, coriander and ground black pepper mainly, on the fat side, wrap in multiple layers of foil and then 8+ hours at 225 F. Pastrami deluxe!

I'll have to share some photos of the whole chickens, and occasional duck, along with a rib or two that I load in the outdoor smoker unit. It will hold more meat than I can afford at today's grocery prices! But like Don, its 103 every day here in central Texas and not to friendly to be outdoors hugging an oven (smoker)!

Speaking of corn beed and cabbage, we usually make it for St. Patties Day as well, but my youngest asked for it again. So we had it for dinner tonight too. lol

As for the smoker and being too hot, it is never to hot to smoke meat. You just have to prepare and have a good set up. Digital thermometers do wonders. You can sit in the AC and just come out to tend to the smoker as necessary.

I've got a bluetooth set of digital probes. Can watch temps on cel phone. Yep, nice. Only problem is when starting with 100 plus temps and smoking by burning wood chips its almost impossible to maintain a reasonable smoke temp. 70s and 80s are perfect day time temps. Check back in Nov or Dec.

I've got a bluetooth set of digital probes. Can watch temps on cel phone. Yep, nice. Only problem is when starting with 100 plus temps and smoking by burning wood chips its almost impossible to maintain a reasonable smoke temp. 70s and 80s are perfect day time temps. Check back in Nov or Dec.

That's why I said mentioned the set up. For days that are really hot, get a digitally controlled wood biscuit fueled smoker. It maintains the set temp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back