The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes you did, thank you.
And these Shanks were G.D. Delicious! You can trus Tin Eats for almost eveyyyyything!

So my youngest son's favorite dish is my Lasagna Al Forno. He requested it today, so I must oblige. Its a more traditional lasagna recipe. Not the Americanized meat sauce lasagna with fake shredded mozzarella and ricotta. Instead of ricotta it uses a nice bechanel sauce , and of course real mozzarella.

The key is a nice slow simmered Ragu made with onion, carrot, celery, ground beef, ground pork, red wine, beef stock and tomato puree. It cooks down for a good 3 hours building up amazing flavor.

IMG_6851.jpegIMG_6852.jpegIMG_6855.jpegIMG_6857.jpegIMG_6861.jpeg

So my youngest son's favorite dish is my Lasagna Al Forno. He requested it today, so I must oblige. Its a more traditional lasagna recipe. Not the Americanized meat sauce lasagna with fake shredded mozzarella and ricotta. Instead of ricotta it uses a nice bechanel sauce , and of course real mozzarella.

The key is a nice slow simmered Ragu made with onion, carrot, celery, ground beef, ground pork, red wine, beef stock and tomato puree. It cooks down for a good 3 hours building up amazing flavor.

View attachment 789981View attachment 789982View attachment 789983View attachment 789984View attachment 789985
I will send Uber eats for a bucket full!!!!!

Cooking is like therapy for me. I love the prep work, and putting it all together. It calms me down, and helps me overcome my inner demons.

My plating and presentation leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not a professional or classically trained chef, but my flavors are often spot on.

A good Béchamel sauce for the lasagna made with butter, flour, milk, parmesan, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, and then assemble lasagna with layers of noodles, Ragu, Béchamel, and finally mozzarella. Then bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.

IMG_6865.jpeg

IMG_6866.jpeg

IMG_6868.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

My go to recipe is: remove meal from outer packaging. Punch several holes in top wrapper. Microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Remove top wrapper carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back