The forum’s tele-meeting members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can have discord server as well, although it needs an account. you can use Facebook or gmail to login too. so it might not be a problem.

hmmm, I'm still not convinced to use Discord and the more I read about it, the less I like it. There doesn't seem to be good end-to-end encryption and the fact they integrate with Facebook and Google means that these can gather even more info about you. Their privacy policy seems to be lacking. The fact that you can set up a "server "doesn't mean anything as it is not self hosted, probably just a docker instance in their server park. In contrast as a test, I have now Jitsi running in my house on my private LAN, hosted on my own computer, with no access from outside my house. (Nice for finally taking to my kids )

I'm still leaning towards using Jitsi, it's easy to use, no accounts required, high quality and fast compared to zoom, end-to-end encryption and if in doubt you can even host it yourself.

But maybe I'm too old fashioned, my kids don't call me a "boomer" for nothing

And don't let me stop you from starting your own discord server

Now that I have my first child, I now have NO idea why anyone regards this scene from Meet the Fockers as somehow "going overboard",
I think its basically the bare minimum of due diligence. So yes, I`m very happy I dont have a little girl to worry about...

Users who are viewing this thread