The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No worries, I have a crappy Universal Firearms anniversary edition that will outshoot any WWII original. It's just what you want.

No worries, I have a crappy Universal Firearms anniversary edition that will outshoot any WWII original. It's just what you want.

I had an early Universal and it was more accurate than my Inland at 100yds for target shooting but I sold it years ago for $500 with alittle work done to it.It was the one with the duel spring setup that was suppose to be a POS but it worked and shot flawless.I would love to acquire a F/A carbine no kick and 30rds in place and 30rds zipping over your head :) now that would be sweet.Only 5-6G's :) thats cheap for a F/A but I would have to let go of my G43 and that's not happening.

:lol: Yeah don't poo-poo the Universail but if we start talking Kahr's that might be another story unless in the last couple of years they have gotten there quality control issues taken care of.The reason I like GI issue is 1) the quility of the steel is usually better in the small parts and like that sight simpilicity of design 2) GI issue weapons wether foreign or domestic hold there value much better.I drive a real POS 78 Chevy stepside w/6cyl it's a classic example of "on a warm summer evening if you listen closely you can hear the rust crackling on a Chevrolet" because I rather invest my funds in things that hold there value.Now my Wife drives the new vehicle and it gets payed off in 6-8 months :D that will be huge for me.One thing I can kick myself in the arse over Matt is getting rid of my BM59. I know more than sold it and Reesce's inventory dried up and they went up 500-1000 smackers since I sold it 3yrs ago :shock:.It was one of those I saw for an investment 10-15 years down the road and here it is 6yrs out 50% increase :shock:

in the late 80s early 90s there used to be 2 m1 carbine aftermarket repoductions...universal and ??? but the universal was the better model. i did a quick search and see auto ordnance does them now...but i dont recall them back then. the new models took a big hit in the early 90s when a $#!tload of lend/lease stuff came back from the far east and central america. garands and carbines flooded the us. all the parkerizing was stripped off and the entire action was thown in a phospate vat. they resembled early m16s in color greenish gray. i think i sold them for $169. i kick myself for never keeping one.... but does anyone remember who the other manufacture was? maybe iver johnson???

It's Iver Johnson.I also came across an Alpine once in my hunts thought I had something it said "US Carbine" but was aftermarket by a small company.I was told by other collectors leave it worth maybe $250 at best "if it Worked".The AO name was bought by Kahr if I am not mistaken,in any regards have heard problems with the way these guys function.

here you go Matt a bit pricey I think for a Para but.............http://www.makereadyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=61923

Last edited:
My SA M1a Standard 1.5" @100yds with practice 5rds

My G43 all matching never sanded with proofs

FN 49 contract for Argentine Navy(5000 made) only one's made with the 20rd detachable.There were other conversions but done by Governments but not by FN under contract from what I understand.Matching #'s throughout w/7.65 gas port adj. but later converted to NATO 7.62

Attachments

• GS 023_edited (600 x 369).jpg
    GS 023_edited (600 x 369).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 199
  • GS 024_edited (600 x 227).jpg
    GS 024_edited (600 x 227).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 146
  • GS 025_edited (600 x 224).jpg
    GS 025_edited (600 x 224).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 152
  • GS 027_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    GS 027_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 170
  • GS 028_edited (600 x 302).jpg
    GS 028_edited (600 x 302).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 165
  • GS 029_edited (600 x 225).jpg
    GS 029_edited (600 x 225).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 162
  • GS 030_edited (600 x 349).jpg
    GS 030_edited (600 x 349).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 162
Not refinished Matt just cared for by Me.When I got her she was treated with linseed oil over the course of a week she was very dry.I linseeded all the rifles about 4 months ago with a very lite coat.The red color comes from the glue that was used for the Laminate there are examples of what are called blondes but are few and far in between.The scope mount is a repo and the scope is correct in production # to the rifle.

Last edited:
Very nice. I too linseeded my CMP M1D, but only once. I was fearful it would take off value. Ofcourse you only live once, so I also shot it.

You have a definite keeper. Wish she was mine. Don't over stroke her though. Little care is better for historical resale.

That sounds nice thier Matt M1D isn't that the sniper version of the Garand?Ought to throw up some pics of her.I think after the the wife's truck is paid off I will be looking for either an SVT40 or to get a VZ58 it is still on the list.

I googled nice rig http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=-FPPTKLzHYO78gbN9dDmDA&ved=0CCAQ9QEwAQ

the guy(Ralph) I bought the G43 from has two of these in the shop and 3 Johnson LMG's not for sale are the Johnsons and no one gets to touch I asked :)

All this talk I will have to head over to Ralphs shop on Thursday and see whats in the inventory.Ralph had at one time an MG 42 and a MG34(?) on AA Tripod.

Last edited:
If you have the money and they are legit, get the Johnson. I wish a I did in the 1990's. They were a mint then and they will only go up in price.

I got my M1D with the Weaver M84 scope for $600 from the CMP in a raffle. At the time it was worth $3500 so I felt like I won the lottery. Has all the US Govt papers for pedigree/provenance.

Would like to have a regular/shooter though. Yours looks like a beauty.

It actually was a lottery at the time. You had to submit reams of paperwork and current fingerprints. Not range membership nor CMP approved shoot required. Virtually everybody in the office applied and actually two of us got one. You can imagine how jealous those who didn't became.

She arrived in a cardboard box coated heavily in cosmoline. Not a blemish on her. She's a safe queen now.

Well I was intending before I left to p/u something today I have not p/u a real rifle in 3yrs.Today I got to fill a certain niche' in the collection with a decent K98 byf 44 which looks to be mostly matching.The bolt,reciever,trigger ass. and front band all end in 535.The stock no longer has the eagle proofs but is pretty nice shape I give it an 80%and the blueing is at about 60%.I have been looking for awhile to p/u a nice K98 with matching numbers.The rifle came from the Rock Island Auction last year he told me and he's tell'in me that it's getting to be the only place almost anymore to get a good specimen.Ralph had a very nice 03 A I was thinking about but I have a standard 03 ATTM maybe after the first of the year if he still has it.Matt he now has 6 Johnson in the shop now and I inquired about the price (it was negotiable) $6000>$5000 and the $5600>$4900.Ralph has one wall of stuff he displays for eye candy and are not forsale that has the other 4 Johnsons and a contract rifle that lost to the M1 Garand.This rifle he says lost the contract due to being presented in the wrong caliber??We discussed this some like why would they even do that when the Guberment tells you 30-06?anyway some very nice lines in the rifle,sweet.Crappy pics sun going down......

Attachments

• GS 031_edited (900 x 1112).jpg
    GS 031_edited (900 x 1112).jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 261
  • GS 032_edited (900 x 361).jpg
    GS 032_edited (900 x 361).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 243
  • GS 033_edited (900 x 673).jpg
    GS 033_edited (900 x 673).jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 260
  • GS 034_edited (900 x 336).jpg
    GS 034_edited (900 x 336).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Hey Matt ran into an old customer/acquintence yesterday I haven't seen in oh maybe four years now.I was talking with him about his car collection (46) and his gun collection(140+),will he invited me out shooting sometime in the future.I am going to be shooting a WWII BAR 8) an M14 F/A,M16 F/A and I hope he has a Thompson.The guy has 15 F/A MG's :D once the weather starts to warm up alittle more I am out the door and he said do not worry about the ammo :shock: yea!!!!!

Hmm I got a pea shooter and a rubber band gun I made myself, would those count for this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back