The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My dads gun for work is a Glock 17.

My favorite gun. Glock in 9mm or .40. Same frame size. Own both. Can't beat a G17 with small grip frame with 20rds (with a +2 extended mag).

I haven't tried the Springfield XD(m) though... :lol: But she's not neer purty enough to my wallflower, Glock.

I've had multiple glocks and sold them all, not that they didn't shoot I just kept getting trigger finger rub after shooting a bunch of rounds thru them. Oh well I ended up with an H&K P30l and a CZ SP01 Shadow from CZ's custom shop, now I'm happy.:)

Same deal as B-17, my dad's service weapon is a Glock 9mm (not sure the model however). When he was in Tactical (SWAT) he had a Sig 9mm (once again, don't remember the model) and an MP5. He had the choice of an MP5 or an M16 but preferred the MP5 as he found the M16 jammed more often, and the majority of what they did were house entries, so the range of the M16 was nullified for the most part. I had the chance to fire all three, I preferred the M16 from a firing perspective.

Yes almost forgot.

Each squad car has a Binelli Shotgun.

Each officer is (if they want, not all do) allowed to carry a Kahr Arms P380 Sub Compact. They are 'back-up' firearms incase in the unfortunate event their primary arm got stolen. They're small enough to be hidden from view and pack a punch.

Attachments

• PPK.jpg
    PPK.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 203
  • PPK 2.jpg
    PPK 2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 182
I know, I know, I'm violating the content of this thread but I love my knife and there's no knife thread. I already posted what guns I owned. Here's my baby: not the highest quality in the world but we've been through some good times.

I remember when I used to head out on a quiet lake in CO on my days off, where there were rarely more than 2 other people in the whole place, not counting numerous mountain lions. I had shed part of my uniform, so I was still wearing a black camisole and black pants, and climbed up a tree with a book with this knife on my hip. Two idiot guys came along a half hour afterwards and unknowingly sat at the base of my tree, talking, drinking beer, laughing, entirely unobservant.

Finally I couldn't wait any more. I moved and made a little scuffling sound against the bark and they looked up, startled, to see a woman in black curled up in the branches with a knife hanging down. I've never seen anyone spew such an impressive trajectory of beer out their mouth. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0167.JPG
    DSC_0167.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 175
Nice, I never leave the house without at least one knife attached to me. Usually not quite that large of one, but big enough to intimidate someone that may have bad itentions.

Funny story, have done the same thing several times while out hunting with the Bow and Arrow. When I see someone coming I see how long it takes them to spot me when I'm hidden, and let out a whistle before they get too close. Would not try this if the other person is carrying a gun though. Never know when the guy with the gun is an idiot or not. Unfortunately there are too many people in the woods "hunting' that don't have a clue or get to excited when they think they see or hear game.

Good one, Sabrina! I'll have to crawl up in the attic and find my favorite hiking knife...always carried one on the hip when out hiking, because I'm an idiot and usually went out alone. Of course, the largest knife still feels somewhat inadequate when you come around the bend in a trail and find yourself about 20 feet away from 1500 pounds worth of moose. Thankfully, the Lord loves idiots, cuz the moose decided I wasn't worth the effort and took another trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back