The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Top Ten Reasons Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women...

And here we go...

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the Number One reason

Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women.....

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun!

I have
Enfield #4, Mk 1
CZ 75-9mm
Ruger Mk I
And looking for a good pump shotgun, my son in law wants me to go duck hunting with him on Thanksgiving.

And looking for a good pump shotgun, my son in law wants me to go duck hunting with him on Thanksgiving.

Cant' go wrong with a Remington 870 for a pump shotgun. They've been around forever, take beating an keep on shooting. I've owned a couple Mossberg 12 guages chambered for 3.5" shells and have had extraction problems with two of them, third one seems to be OK. If I were to get another pump shotgun it would either be an 870 or a Benelli Nova.

I have a Mossberg 590 (Mil Spec civil version). The legend that they jam because they have single action bars has been displelled when in the 1970s they adopted a dual action bar architecture.

US DoD uses them. They can't be too terribly unreliable. Right?

Attachments

• M590A1.jpg
    M590A1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 135
Hmmm...methinks that if the shotgun doesn't do the trick, the bayonet probably isn't gonna make him sweat. :lol:

That's because you are limp wristing it. Just take a more firm grip. Any of the "plastic wonder nines" will jam in that fashion.

whenever someone bought an automatic from me and brought it back claiming excessive jams..99% of the time it was limp wristing. they were either squeezing only the trigger or were flinching in anticipation of the recoil. after a few minutes of instruction they left and never had problems again.

Just because the DOD uses something isn't necessarily a stamp of approval.
As one of my pilot friends used to remind me "remember, this was made by the lowest bidder" .
I like my Enfield, it was modified into a wannabe jungle carbine, and I use it.
Got a wild boar with it in Florida in Janurary.

Last edited:
Just because the DOD uses something isn't necessarily a stamp of approval.
As one of my pilot friends used to remind me "remember, this was made by the lowest bidder" .
I like my Enfield, it was modified into a wannabe jungle carbine, and I use it.
Got a wild boar with it in Florida in Janurary.

I would say it is for a weapon that has been in the arsenal as long as the Mossberg.

Well I went shooting today for the first time in three years.I had aquired an M1 Garand parade rifle strictly to obtain the Bar site from WWII and Korea era.I only payed $75 for the rifle and the site was worth that plus some maybe and then a few other pieces I got.Anyway got to try her out today on the M1a and I really liked it alot much easier to use than the SA mount and does not drop in elevation which the SA would if you forgot to tighten the screw after every change.In the first five shots three found the 2" target at 50yards one was high but I had no more windage adj?? so I did a feild repair took it off reajusted it to center and tried again then you see shots all around then the last three shots in quick sucession 2-3 seconds found the target.I still have work for a 100yd mark but did manage a nice 1" group on a quick pull with two going a little high.The L's on the 100yd target are Larry's with his DPMS .223 the K's are my lousy shot(I do not shoot well w/scope).All in all had a good time and Larry and Wai had to shoot the Inland 1944 carbine and commented on how accurate it was I can make a can walk at 50-75 range as soon as hit hits the ground with that one.It's the home defense weapon w/paratrooper stock and 15rd clip.I do not know if the site will be clean enough in the photo but if you remember Band of Brothers at the Crossroads as the Captain adj. his site that is the type of site it is ;)Cheers

Attachments

• GS 013_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    GS 013_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 113
  • GS 014_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    GS 014_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 109
  • GS 012_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    GS 012_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 104
  • GS 015_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    GS 015_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 108
  • GS 016_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    GS 016_edited (600 x 450).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
nice looking piece. if you need parts you dont have to buy a whole gun. try numrich or sarco they have tons of hard to find parts and are pretty reasonable.

Glider those are 3" targets you just stick to paper.Matt never been reblued and that is a Boyd's stock.I bought her about 10years ago new in box traded a Mini-14 and 7 or 8 bills then.The photos are not iin good lighting at all flourescent at that.I will try to take some tomorrow in the sunlight.As far as buying parts I perferr orginal GI parts to when I can and $75 for a whole rifle for a part that on Gunbroker would be $65+ no shipping,no taxes and no haggling suited me fine at the time ;).I have attached some photos of my M1 carbine 05/44 on the barrel with serial number correct for that timeframe Inland also.the triggergroup is IBM but I have an Inland housing and all Inland parts in the cabinet waiting for my assembly I p/u at the Gunshow about 2 months ago.I also have a F/A Thompson kit I got out of Russia for the barrel and wood and will sell the lower on GB one day.

Attachments

• GS 018_edited (450 x 600).jpg
    GS 018_edited (450 x 600).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 107
  • GS 020_edited (450 x 600).jpg
    GS 020_edited (450 x 600).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 111
The carbine is WWII 05/44 on the barrel now the stock is the Italian copy of the WWII para stock be nice to have an orginal she be worth 2500-3000 bills then.The M1a is the SA semi model of the M14 now if I rejoin the club and start shooting alot again I can pull about a 1.5" group @100yds and hit the 18"X18" gong 4 out of 5 @320yds.I do not use a scope as you can see with that DPMS .223 I was terrible.Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back