somebody said ages ago in this thread that it seems every household in the US has a gun, whereas in the rest of the world, its rare for a house to have any gun.
Until 1996 i owned a Berreta 12 Gauge fully automatic shotgun. When i was a kid I owned a 22 semi auto of french origin. beautiful little gun, but I dont remember the make. Best shot i ever made was with that little gun, shot a crow at over 400 yards. it had a neat litle scope and a drop down magazine.
When i was twleve we went on the first of many hunting trips. it was the first time i used a 12 gauge, and this calibre became my favourite class of weapon. it was so versatile, could even go fishing, of sorts.
ive owned a double barrel, a double barrel with hammer actions, a replica muzzle loader with percussion caps, a single shot 12 Gauge , the 22 semi auto, a 22 stirling bolt action, a 243 lever action and scope, and finally the Beretta, which was without a doubt the sweetest shotgun ive ever owned.
i shot so many roos and other things I got bored with it, particulalry since for quite a few years my job required that i carry a gun.
I got over it and sold all my guns before 1996, except the Beretta. then new laws were introduced in Australia that banned all autometics and semi autos and assault style weappons. There was a government buy back, which i took advantage of.
I dont own a gun now, and to be hoinest, i dont miss them