The Here, Now

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm willing to accept that conditions are different in this fight ... historically, Canada has behaved this way. Wrong kit, or wrong kit for theatre, Political decisions that were blatant - Ross rifle, Dieppe Raid. Always needing 'special'.
OTH, selecting the CF18 was a great decision.
Planning for Vimy Ridge Attack was brilliant.
Canada is the shoe-maker, his children are the last to receive shoes :cool:

Xi mentions the history of Okinawa in "People's Daily." May be conscious of Okinawa Governor Denny Tamaki's visit to China planned in July.

Governor Denny Tamaki understands Xi Jinping's comment about Okinawa "as his desire to develop mutual exchanges'' prior to his scheduled visit to China.

In 1919 at Versailles, POTUS Woodrow Wilson, sold the treaty supplicants and victors "Peace without Victory". By 1942, FDR and Churchill had coalesced on "Unconditional Surrender".
The above is the reality of today's emerging GLOBAL order.
The west, IMO, is conditioned to see right and wrong, guilty - not.

Last edited:

In 1919 at Versailles, POTUS Woodrow Wilson, sold the treaty supplicants and victors "Peace without Victory". By 1942, FDR and Churchill had coalesced on "Unconditional Surrender".
The above is the reality of today's emerging GLOBAL order.
The west, IMO, is conditioned to see right and wrong, guilty - not.
This narrative is something Russia has been pushing for ages. Unfortunately it is being listened too and even encouraged by some.

While some people/nations (and I include the US in this) want the 'no blame' concept to apply to others simply so that they themselves will be less likely to be held accountable for their actions if/when they behave badly, many others sing this song in the hope that the bad actions being referred to do not become worse - eg in this case escalate into a third world war.

In all fairness, history has shown that many wars were not the fault of only one nation/side. But the deciding factor of course is - would the person/nation sing the 'no blame' song if they were the ones being invaded? having their way of life being destroyed? because some mentally ill old people think they are justified?

This narrative is something Russia has been pushing for ages. Unfortunately it is being listened too and even encouraged by some.
,.. it is fundamentally a COMMUNIST narrative.(with a generous pinch of Asian passive-peaceful posture thrown in -- Stalin WAS an Asian, after all :cool: )
In the Party-State, Obedience and loyalty are the currency of control, NOT accountability, as it is understood in the laws of Western Christi-sphere countries. Accountability is the prerequisite for delegation and deregulation.

:pilotsalute:

,.. it is fundamentally a COMMUNIST narrative.(with a generous pinch of Asian passive-peaceful posture thrown in -- Stalin WAS an Asian, after all :cool: )
In the Party-State, Obedience and loyalty are the currency of control, NOT accountability, as it is understood in the laws of Western Christi-sphere countries. Accountability is the prerequisite for delegation and deregulation.

:pilotsalute:
I would strongly disagree. This has nothing do do with Communist or other ideology or race related aspects. I believe it is simply a combination of Russian careful crafting of a narrative that deflects blame for their actions and taking advantage of a bunch of people/nations that are pre-disposed to challenge what is perceived US/Euro-Western dominant actions over the decades. Basically people in many of these countries perceive the US and its ilk as having dominated (and in many cases, if we are honest, exploited) them for decades and right now are receptive to any messaging that seems to paint them in a bad light. Kind of a version of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. The Russian narrative then finds receptive ears.

Let's all (everyone) be careful with the politics. Remember the generally no politics rule is still in place, and we are getting dangerously close to it here.

"Every step you make, every breath you take, ...."

China, US see progress in Blinken visit but close no gaps

What has interested me is not the meeting itself but Xi's unhealthy face.
It looks much worse than a few years before. We call it 土色 (tsuchi-iro = sallow).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back