The Luftwaffe During WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some of you may remember me writing this last year for a project in High School. I never posted it, and completely forgot, but I was talking to Heinz about his paper and that reminded me about it. It's broken up into a number of documents so it was easier to manage at the time. There may be some inaccuracies, and feel free to point them out so I can fix them. The one thing that I'm not sure about are the Werknummers for the Fw 190s and whether or not re-used airframes were assigned new ones or not. I have them as not being assigned new ones, but if anyone can enlighten me about that, that'd be great. One other thing is in the organization page, I use the actual font the Luftwaffe used. Hopefully it will still show up, but if not, you can download it from the link below or just not worry about it, up to you.

Blockschrift für Flugzeuge Font | dafont.com

Enjoy!

PS. I can't find the source list that I did up, so I apologize!

Also, I'm having problems uploading it as documents, so I have to convert them to a .pdf.

Catch, an excellent piece of work! I trust you got good marks for it!?
I've read through it all, but admit to scan reading parts; I'll read it properly when I have a bit more time.
Overall it appears accurate and concise, and will certainly be a good basic reference source for anyone who knows little about the Luftwaffe. No doubt those in 'the know', for example, Erich, will be able to pass suitable comment.
As I mentioned, I haven't appraised it fully yet but, to nit pick, there was one point I did notice. The Royal Air Force didn't come into being as such until April 1st 1918. Previously, from its formation by Royal Warrant on April 13th 1912 (formed 'officially' on May 13th 1912) it was a part of the Army, being a Corps, and called the Royal Flying Corps (RFC). The uniforms and ranks were those of the Army, and the flying brevet/wings, were similar to the current, and WW2 wings, but bore the letters 'RFC', instead of 'R.A.F.' Of course, you can always change this and, as I said, I'm only nit-picking!
Great piece of work, well laid out and presented; you should be proud of it.
Thanks for sharing it,
Terry.

Thanks for the info and kind words Terry!

My WWI history knowledge isn't that extensive, so that's good to know about the RFC/RAF. I will fix it in a while as I don't want to take it down quite yet so people have a chance to see it.

And yes, I got the full 5% boost from it!

Good paper Catch. reads well, and gives someone not all that familiar with WW2 a lot of good, easy to understand info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back