"The Mighty Eight" Teaser footage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The only thing on my TV is about twenty feet of land fill !
Got rid of it years ago, when the 'On/Off' switch packed up. Wasn't going to buy another TV (cheaper than a repair) just to watch endless soaps, reality shows, football and other cr@p !

And people think I'm strange because I don't own a mobile phone!

I think this trailer's intent was to show how "action packed" the series will be. The innaccuries are a pain though as mentioned already, lack of oxygen masks, proper footing on the cameraman, stars and bars on both wings etc. On the positive side the rendering of the bomber formation gives a good sense of how massive these formations could be though the graphics leave much to be desired. I will for sure take a look at this one.

Sorry, David, but I did not notice this thread till now.
Yes, my impression is almost same as aboves.
Younger CG creators had better see more and more war footage before rendering scenes though I must take care of it myself too.

Shinpachi, your CGI projects are some of the most accurate projects I have ever seen.

There is no way the CG models in these movies could ever compare to your work. As a matter of fact, these movie producers could certainly benefit from your expertise if they ever wished to have accuracy in thier movies.

Shinpachi, your CGI projects are some of the most accurate projects I have ever seen.

There is no way the CG models in these movies could ever compare to your work. As a matter of fact, these movie producers could certainly benefit from your expertise if they ever wished to have accuracy in thier movies.

I'll second that!

Sometimes unexpected thing happens here.
Thank you very much everyone!!!

I agree with the guys too. Perhaps, Shinpachi san, you should get in touch with the producers, and offer your advice and expertise. It would be a shame to see a potentially excellent series ruined by such poor CGI - although there is also a lot more for the production company to adjust too!

Completely agree about Shinpachi's CG skills.

But I'll take a WWII movie with bad CGI, wrong decals, no masks so you can see what the actors are saying over all the other crap movies Hollywood keeps delivering. Hopefully the acting and script will make up for any shortcomings, otherwise we will have another "Red Tails" movie.

But I'll take a WWII movie with bad CGI, wrong decals, no masks so you can see what the actors are saying over all the other crap movies Hollywood keeps delivering. Hopefully the acting and script will make up for any shortcomings, otherwise we will have another "Red Tails" movie.

I agree. I think based solely on the teaser trailer that it is in early production and not even close to being finished. That said...at least the bomb crew in this teaser had actual emotion compared to the Red Tails bomb crews. "...Those glory grabbing bastards!" <- worst line in WWII movie history lol

It took less than 30 seconds before Hollywood was rewriting WW2 again :(

The first Mighty 8th raid on Germany didn't take place until January 1943.

If they are that inattentive to facts I really don't hold out much hope for this movie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back