The Professor!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ahum......homemade stuff, a' la White Lightning! Rip your wallpaper off and clear the rust, strong....proper "T-Stoff" and "C-Stoff". :lol:

Got that "Stoff" at work! 8)

Now, some nice Tyskie and lovely Polish lassies.....we should be able to work things out! Probably not in the best of ways, but in the funniest ways....

Hey guys, great posts so far! I know Njaco started this thread, but I'm getting a lot out of this too. I mean, I'm really thinking becoming a history teacher when I graduate from college, so this stuff it helping me out a lot (at least it's stirring my imagination). I would really love being a professional historian.
Hey Njaco, hope I didn't hijack the thread from you. :)

Ferdinand, go for it!!

I don't really want to teach but was curious about having the title "historian".

Thanks Njaco! I think the only things I'll have to work on speaking (as RA said), and if I teach, be able to control the classroom. Though if my mom can do it for it for all these years, I'm pretty sure I can do it as well.

I just hope that, if I'm a historian, that I can be a pretty damn good one, like David Cannadine or Martin Gilbert. I might just have to shoot myself if I came out like David Irving.

I read where, yes, another author had sketched the bare outline for a book, but had pretty much abandoned it. Ambrose asked if he could take it over and run with it, even offered to give the guy co-author credits. The guy didn't think it was going to go anywhere, so he declined and told Ambrose to have fun and don't worry about the credits. So Ambrose did. And, of course, being an Ambrose book, it sold extremely well. So the guy was ticked and accused him of plagiarizing. Based on what I've seen/read so far, I'm gonna have to come down on Ambrose's side. The guy is too good an author/interviewer/historian to need to stoop to something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back