the slowst plane of ww2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have seen a B-52 up close and personal. I'm not sure which aircraft (Harrier of B-52) has the greater anhedral . . . but the Harrier's is intentional, the B-52's is the result of its size.

its like thet voyger. the wings almost toched the ground on take off but whan its in the air they are nice and flat.

Attachments

• too_little_too_late_307.jpg
    too_little_too_late_307.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 491
I would say the Mk.II Swordfish was the slowest. It was a damn slow torpedo plane and made an easy target for german anti-aircraft guns. :lol:

Attachments

• baruniform_1__855.jpg
    baruniform_1__855.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 287
The Swordfish was very effective. I dont think the slowest plane is a matter of opinion anyway ;) There are several that were slower than the Swordfish (Fi-156 Storch, Piper Cub etc..)

I think all aircraft share the lowest slow speed, all at a remarkable 0 mph.

Lightning Guy said:
But they are anything but flat when it's on the ground.

The B-52s wings are straight (more or less) on the ground when the wing tanks, esp the drop tanks, are empty. The bogy wheels can sometimes be several feet off the ground. The transformation from an akward lump on the ground to an amazingly gracefull plane in the air is pretty incredible. Also the wings will flex over 30 feet when maneuvering in flight, they are very flexible.

wmaxt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back