The Small Model Expo 2009 in my city

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very good dioramas for the age group Wojtek. I hope the salt doen't start to corrode the models though!
Dirk, Tamiya still do the Jeep, AFAIK, under the 'SAS Jeep' title, as do Italeri. I believe the LRDG Chevvy truck has been re-released also. I built the latter many years ago, as a present for my late father, who was in LRDG during the War. Note that the Jeeps used weren't Bantams - they were mainly Willys MB, and some Fords.

I've just worked my way through this whole thread and all I can say is you have some real talent in your little city, are you by chance the instructor giving model making lessons and demonstrations. You also a dab hand at the photography my friend, you've taken some great pics.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thank you all and especially Vic for his very kind words. To be honest I work with youngsters as they always need to be adviced.But that is much caused by my family tradition and experience than diplomas or licences.

And now..."Antek" forever. An-2 biplane....

Attachments

• An2.jpg
    An2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 107
  • An2_1.jpg
    An2_1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 83
Thank you all and especially Vic for his very kind words. To be honest I work with youngsters as they always need to be adviced.But that is much caused by my family tradition and experience than diplomas or licences.

And now..."Antek" forever. An-2 biplane....

Nice Model but Jeeez - that thing looks like it's about to give birth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We used to have one where I lived in Sweden, huge bl**dy aircraft and slow! It always sounded like, I don't know and it looked like it was standing still in the air when flying....:lol:

Nice model Wojtek!

Yep......it always sounds like an old harvester.The ASz-62IR engine of 1000HP makes a such noise that all animals and sometimes people got cover.:lol: :lol: :lol: Flying aboard you can admire the Earth beauty moving slowly behind the small circled windows.:lol:

Attachments

• An2_1a.jpg
    An2_1a.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 84
  • An2_1b.jpg
    An2_1b.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 100
THX guys. :) And diecast scale models of B-25.... these were really heavy..ufff.:lol:

Attachments

• B25 diecast1b.jpg
    B25 diecast1b.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 93
  • B25 diecast1a.jpg
    B25 diecast1a.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 126
  • B25 diecast1.jpg
    B25 diecast1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 85
Ah! A diecast of the Mitchell II I photographed when it first arrived at Duxford in 1988! It was in natural metal then, and I was fortunate enough to be able to provide some info for a generic RAF scheme. Sadly, she left the UK for the 'States last August, when rochie and I saw her on finals to Duxford, about three days before she departed. The original pics of her are on the forum somewhere.
That An2 is a beaut, always liked that big old bird. Am I right in thinking it's the world's largest single-engined bi-plane? The last one I saw was when rochie and I were taking off from Brno, again last August.. It was parked outside the former HAS's at the end of the runway. Anybody know if there's a 1/48th kit available?
Very nice models and pics Wojtek my friend!

Thank you Terry. The Czech firm Valom is going to release an An-2 series of 1/48 scale this year.

Here you are...

Attachments

• Valom new kits.jpg
    Valom new kits.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Valom An-2 Colt.jpg
    Valom An-2 Colt.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Valom An-2 Colt military.jpg
    Valom An-2 Colt military.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 94
No problemo...:D