The Third of September

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
On this Day in 1939, Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain announced solemnly that; "...this nation is at war with Germany..."

In 1916, William Leefe Robinson shot down the German airship Schutte Lanz SL 11; the first to be brought down over Britain, for which he was awarded a Victoria Cross.

In 1925 the United States Navy airship ZR-1 Shenandoah was destroyed in a storm in Ohio, with 14 of her 42 man crew perishing.

In 1935 Sir Malcolm Campbell became the first man to drive a car over 300 mph in the Blue Bird powered by a Rolls-Royce 'R' V-12 at the Bonneville Salt Flats.

In 1971 President Nixon opened the first display hangar of the United States Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton Ohio and my mum was lying in a hospital bed, heavily pregnant awaiting my arrival later that evening.

In 1984 English heavy rock band Iron Maiden released their album Powerslave, and in my opinion, their best. Featuring one of the coolest album covers produced, Powerslave is characterised by fast paced, driving guitar work and an impressive vocal performance. Here's my favourite track from the album; The Duellists, which is typical of the band's lengthy, anthemic style incorporating its signature sound of twin lead guitars and soaring lead vocals. Enjoy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPONcmvVAbY

On this Day in 1939, Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain announced solemnly that; "...this nation is at war with Germany..."

In 1916, William Leefe Robinson shot down the German airship Schutte Lanz SL 11; the first to be brought down over Britain, for which he was awarded a Victoria Cross.

In 1925 the United States Navy airship ZR-1 Shenandoah was destroyed in a storm in Ohio, with 14 of her 42 man crew perishing.

In 1935 Sir Malcolm Campbell became the first man to drive a car over 300 mph in the Blue Bird powered by a Rolls-Royce 'R' V-12 at the Bonneville Salt Flats.

In 1971 President Nixon opened the first display hangar of the United States Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton Ohio and my mum was lying in a hospital bed, heavily pregnant awaiting my arrival later that evening.

In 1984 English heavy rock band Iron Maiden released their album Powerslave, and in my opinion, their best. Featuring one of the coolest album covers produced, Powerslave is characterised by fast paced, driving guitar work and an impressive vocal performance. Here's my favourite track from the album; The Duellists, which is typical of the band's lengthy, anthemic style incorporating its signature sound of twin lead guitars and soaring lead vocals. Enjoy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPONcmvVAbY

Don't know what's more cool - that you are born in 1971 too (me on 19th November), or that you love Iron Maiden :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back