The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent.

My late fellow photo/plane nut buddy used a compact tape recorder in his top pocket to record what we shot
 
Terry at least you can think and speak at the same time. Not me.
 
I had a compact note book for the same reason, but couldn't hold a pen properly, so ended up with scribbles in sanscrit !!
Trying to use the notes on my 'phone was even worse !!

Depending on your mobile phone you could have excellent voice dictation software fitted. The one on my ancient iphone 11 is definitely excellent if you speak clearly and not too quickly.
 
I love using Siri in my truck. I tell it what I want it to say, it totally screws up the message and I yell....."Send". Let the person on the other end try and figure out what I said
 
My apologies for the delay in posting coverage of our second tour of Normandy.

I'm having rather annoying problems trying to download the photos. Those images on my 'phone are loading in a very small format, rather than the full-size as saved, although I think I can rectify this, following some tips from Karl, and they're "secondary" pics anyway, with the main coverage being on my camera (I only took the Fuji "bridge camera", rather than the bulkier Nikon DSLRs).
However, when trying to download these to my PC, the device is being recognised, but the images are not being found for some strange reason.
I'm using the same process I've always used, for many years, for all my cameras, but after numerous attempts, I'm still getting zero images found, even though they're there, on the camera SD card !
(If anyone has any suggestions to overcome this problem, I'd welcome any and all advice, just in case I'm missing something !).

In desperation, I've ordered a SD card reader in the hope that I can retrieve the pics by that method, and this should arrive sometime tomorrow.
If that fails, then the only other thing I can think of is to try to download to my lap top - which is still at the Tin Tent, in Norfolk - and pray that works !!
Problem with that is that I won't be back in Norfolk until probably the first week in August, so I'm hoping I can get things sorted with the card reader first.
Hopefully, I'll get things sorted, and I'll start the "travelogue" as soon as possible, describing and illustrating our Battle of Normandy tour, ranging from a UK start point, across the landing beaches, inland battle sites, and as far south as the Loire valley.

Watch and wait !!
 
I think I may have identified the above problem.
Troubleshooting shows that a driver is not Installed, and as I'm still on Windows 10, and support ended in October 2025, drivers are not available on my current PC system. The update service is showing as not available at the moment (try later), so I'll have a look tomorrow, and probably have to get Win 11 or whatever other rip off is needed - unless someone can advise me otherwise ?
 
I know that feeling Evan !
My desk top PC sits just about two feet from my front window, and the room very nearly got extra ventilation last night !!
 
Thanks Andy.

Found out that my current PC will not support Windows 11, so I'm praying that the card reader will solve the photos problem.
The reader arrived today, but I'm still no further forward. The sales blurb seemed to indicate that the reader included the required usb cable, but it doesn't !
I need a usb-A to usb-A cable in order to connect the reader to the PC, and I searched all my bits and pieces to no avail, so I've ordered a new cable, which should arrive from Amazon tomorrow. This should work, as I remember using a reader for a similar problem-fix some years ago, but if it doesn't there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, with the odd passing cat feeling my wrath and lashing tongue, whilst neighbours within a one mile radius will be educated into the world of modern swear words, in three languages, completely free of charge !
 
So do I, otherwise, for all photographic stuff, I'll have to get a new PC and endure the hassle of having all my stuff transferred.
 
Still having problems I'm afraid.
I tried a card reader, and that didn't even register as being connected !
Had another go at downloading direct from the camera, and this time it started the process, then showed that no images were on the camera - they are there, exactly as taken !
I'm beginning to suspect a fault with the PC, or at least the usb ports, so I'll try with my laptop when I get back to the Tin Tent, just over a week from now. If that works, then at least I can get the pics posted, then have the PC checked when I get home.
Bl**dy annoying !!!
 
Still having problems I'm afraid.
I tried a card reader, and that didn't even register as being connected !
Had another go at downloading direct from the camera, and this time it started the process, then showed that no images were on the camera - they are there, exactly as taken !
I'm beginning to suspect a fault with the PC, or at least the usb ports, so I'll try with my laptop when I get back to the Tin Tent, just over a week from now. If that works, then at least I can get the pics posted, then have the PC checked when I get home.
Bl**dy annoying !!!

Terry ... if you use the USB cable please chack if you use the one for the data transferring. It is because there is a cable for the data transfer and a powering/charging one only.
 
Yep, it's the data transfer cable - bought it just for that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back