The Wall Of Shame

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, here is the model that really bugs me the most- a Lindberg 1/72 fw 190D. I'm kinda ashamed of it.

Anybody guess why?

Attachments

• p40f.JPG
    p40f.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 151
  • p40g.JPG
    p40g.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 165
This is my first entry to the Wall Of Shame. It is a SMER 1/48 Walrus and my pathetic whiney excuse for not finishing it is BEER. Putting the decals on after partaking in too many slurps of ale. Everything looked fine through beer goggles so I gave it a couple of matt coats to seal everything in. Next morning I noticed that one of the wing roundels is in a different location to the other DOH!!! Unfortunately I have plenty more entries for this thread to come.

The "Wally" is a great aeroplane - and you must finish it ! (IMHO that is)

Why ? Because un-finished business becomes a HABIT and then you feel BAD about yourself, and your self-esteem suffers :crazyeyes:

OK, so here is the 1-2 step plan :-

One : Finish the building of the model structure and everything else that goes with it.

- ignore the decal issue, and anyhow it does not really stand out unless you flag it up

Two : Once finished structurally, go and get a set of new roundel decals / transfers.

Don't try and remove the old one - Paint over the misplaced one, then put on the new decal.

Easy - nobody will ever know.

You will feel GREAT !! :thumbleft:

Last edited:
Chris, i'm going to guess the green heart. :lol:

But I dont know anything about that plane and how it's supposed to look!

What a genious idea for a thread -some real nice models here! 8) they just need abit of time spent on them

My ones - Bf-109G-6 ,Mastercraft Fw-190 (I blame the shite kit) Airfix Lancaster, Airfix Hawker Hurricane *2

usual reason -demotivated

Thank you Cromwell for your wise words, all taken aboard. Taking that first step will break the curse hanging over the Walrus. Njaco, those 3 kits look fine to me and deserve to be finished, perhaps we should change the name from "Wall of Shame" to "A HEFTY BOOT UP THE BACKSIDE". So Terry are you saying that I may get away with the reverse paint job on the Lanc if I say that it is A scheme? I didn't know that there was such a thing but if I plant that seed in to my sub conscious mind then I can see no problem with the Lanc and continue, ha ha!! one problem fixed already and I didn't have to do anything. Please keep the pictures coming guys as this is a bit like going to therapy and these little problems that turned into massive demons hanging over the kits are starting to seem so insignificant right now and I am definitely going to have a go over the next couple of days. Expect to see the Walrus and the Moth in the Completed Models soon.

Thank you Cromwell for your wise words, all taken aboard. Taking that first step will break the curse hanging over the Walrus. Njaco, those 3 kits look fine to me and deserve to be finished, perhaps we should change the name from "Wall of Shame" to "A HEFTY BOOT UP THE BACKSIDE". So Terry are you saying that I may get away with the reverse paint job on the Lanc if I say that it is A scheme? I didn't know that there was such a thing but if I plant that seed in to my sub conscious mind then I can see no problem with the Lanc and continue, ha ha!! one problem fixed already and I didn't have to do anything. Please keep the pictures coming guys as this is a bit like going to therapy and these little problems that turned into massive demons hanging over the kits are starting to seem so insignificant right now and I am definitely going to have a go over the next couple of days. Expect to see the Walrus and the Moth in the Completed Models soon.

In the words of Mr T

"I pity the fool who doesn't finish his models" and " let me introduce you to my friend - Paaaain"

So you see, it is ALL RELATIVE - you could finish your models, OR get a visit from Mr T

Guys for all who have had some troubles with the acrylic paint removing there is the WAMOD remover what can be useful.

Attachments

• zmywacz.jpg
    zmywacz.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 161
Cromwell, is that just another way of telling me to "Get some nut's" ? I wish they still called them Marathons, the chocky bars that is. Thanks to Wurger for the idea of Acrylic paint remover, it just never occured to me that there was such a product but as Cromwell said after looking at the pictures of the Wally again, would anyone have noticed that the difference between the roundels is only one rib spacing if I hadn't already pointed it out? I'm going to ignore the decals and "Finish That Darn Kit" and then see what it looks like. If I crack open a can of beer just before each and every time that I look at it then I may never ever notice that I messed up. See, I told you it was like therapy.

Catch22, brilliant film btw. The stupid thing is that the kit will go on to my son's bedroom ceiling and the top wing will probably never be seen but I "know" that it is there.

I was also hard pressed to notice the roundel problem on the 'Shagbat'! As for the Lanc, if you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never have noticed!
There was certainly an 'A' and 'B' scheme, which applied to fighters and light bombers (not sure about heavies), which was painted according to odd, or equal serial numbers. Basically, there were two versions of this. One version was a direct reversal, where green would be brown and vice versa, and the other was a reversal and mirror image. In other worda, the pattern on the port side and wing on one scheme, would be painted on the starboard side on another.
To be honest, I'd just finish the Lanc, as no b*gg**s going to notice!

You're not wrong Colin! A worthy, unsung old bus, which did sterling work, particularly in the ASR role, but it's hard to imagine it came off the same drawing board as the Spitfire! Wonder what it felt like to touch down in a swell? Must have been,..er..interesting!

Here is another in the to do que. It is the SMER 1/48 Bristol Bulldog but it isn't really a problem kit. I'd just got the rigging on the wings finished when it mysteriously collided with the wing of a spitfire that was also on my workbench though nobody did it??? and as I used fine fuse wire it didn't like to flex much so it's just a case of starting again. I have decided that my Lanc is in the A scheme after input from Terry so work will begin again soon. The Tiger Moth has now had a new strut made and painted and construction will begin again today if I get the time.

Attachments

• e.bay plans 185.jpg
    e.bay plans 185.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 151
  • e.bay plans 184.jpg
    e.bay plans 184.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 166
  • e.bay plans 182.jpg
    e.bay plans 182.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread