The Weather Where You Live? (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sunny and very warm today!
But....................
Snow in the mountains South..............
Rain and flooding in the North................
Way South rain and big winds.................
Insanity!

About 9"/23cm of wet west coast snow fell last night. A quick look on the Googler shows that one square foot of that crap is about 13lbs while the normal dry snow we get is about 4lbs. I managed to get the walkway done without stroking out.....bobcat has been summoned for the driveway. ....and its supposed to get up to 8°C/46°F with showers today. Driving will be fun

EDIT: speak of the devil

Rain beautiful rain and lots of it. Whoopee

In the last 8 days we have had 323mm/12.8" and yesterday I had to sandbag about 50m/165ft in the middle of our dam where it has settled since the last good rain in 2013. I also had to cut away a part of the dam wall at the spillway to stop it overflowing in the middle as it had started cutting a trench where the dry ground had cracked. Fortunately I saw it when only 50cm wide and 10cm deep or we would have lost the dam.

The nearest reporting station to us has had the following. They are close to the coast so get more rain days than us and less extreme temperatures. Usually our rainfalls are quite similar. Our total for the year is 690.

My first trip to Rochester N.Y. for a training class was Nov of 1970. I looked up the info (long before Google) and found the average winter total snowfall was 52 inches. When I arrived, I found they had 109 inches already by that month.

My first trip to Rochester N.Y. for a training class was Nov of 1970. I looked up the info (long before Google) and found the average winter total snowfall was 52 inches. When I arrived, I found they had 109 inches already by that month.
In the 80's and 90's we were averaging close to 15' of snow for the year. We would go for weeks with nothing but highs and lows between -20°C and -40°C. As the old saying goes. "We have four seasons here too: early winter, winter, late winter and next winter."

I agree. At the smaller airports, I was astounded to see cars buried for the duration, located only by their antenna. Somehow they plowed around them.

In half an hour around midday we had clear blue skies, snow, hail, sleet, rain and back to bright sunshine again with rainbows before it rained for the rest of the day.

Well This was a bit embarrassing!
Sent a msg to an old timer roofer to take a look at this "problem"!

I don't have a tallish step ladder......................... the real "problem"!
We've had some big winds, a couple of palm trees next door yard.......
The downspout was plugged with That Sh!t is all...................
Handed over 50 clams for his Trouble!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread