The Weather Where You Live? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

47mm rain yesterday and the same in the last hour.

Love it.

One of our neighbours got 70mm and another 90. No complaints

Another friend about 25km (15? miles) away got 301mm and his nearest town of Biggenden now has a worse flood than the previous record of 2013. Adam seems happy so far but the residents of Biggenden will certainly be complaining.

9am update - Adam has had another 350mm and is not happy, official rainfall in area is up to 650mm in 24 hours but some local reports have over 1,000mm (40 inches) in last 24 hours
Ex-cyclone brings heavy rain, flooding to Queensland's south-east. BIggendon has not hit the news yet but facetime video shows lots of damage

Last edited:
The freeze set in overnight with the ungodly "wintry mix" precip of freezing rain, sleet, and snow, but it's not too bad here. Temp got down to 24°F overnight, warming up to around 32 this afternoon. Wind-chill is down into the single digits.

Another freeze overnight, and then we start a gradual warming.

Today in the mornig there was some of the white deposit we used to get at the winter time. But it melted soon and the Sun appeared. Then it started raining. The temperature 4/5°C. Cloudy.

We're above freezing point this afternoon, due to drop below again overnight (yay, refreeze!), and then have normal winter weather the next few days (highs in the 50sF, lows around freezing.

Yesterday, got the mower stuck in the yard and then the van, trying to to pull it out. I was trying to beat todays alleged severe weather. The weather guessers have been whining about "the drought" but have never asked me about how soft the yard is. If I don't get it cut, it will be weeks before good weather again and the grass is already greening. Enough complaining, back to model building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back