The Weather Where You Live? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here in Augusta GA on this day 24 February it is in the mid 80's which is freaking me out. This time of year it's supposed to be cold, no flowers blooming, no lizards running around, and I'm wearing short pants and a T-shirt. I grew up from the second grade on in the metro Atlanta area and I remember freezing my butt off in April and even May. There used to be at least one ice storm every year. The last one I can remember was about 10 years ago. Now that I'm in my sixties, I am having trouble adjusting since there does not seem to be any 'normal' any more regarding weather. I wore a a light jacket twice this winter, the rest of the winter was in shirtsleeves. Bizarre.

Yesterday was glorious.................... who knows what today will bring, it's only 4.30am! and dark outside.

In May 1967, a Kodak new equipment training class in Chicago was cancelled. The three Canadian employees, who were to attend, were sent on to the Atlanta office for the training class. They couldn't get over the mild weather and when a Jacksonville employee said people were already swimming in the ocean in Florida, the three Canadians had to go to Florida and swim in the ocean in May. I was the only US employee crazy enough to buy a used car and go with three crazy Canuks to Florida on a weekend. The entire episode would fill a magazine article, so no more details available.

Currently sunny and 31°F, skies clear except some high altitude cover waaay to the east, beyond the Sierras (over Nevada).

Still quite a bit of snow on the ground, too - I got about 8 inches during this last storm.

In the middle of a snowfall warning. The pile of snow will be there until July. The tree in the foreground on the left of the pile is about 8ft tall

IMG_2600.JPG

It's been insane. 2 weeks ago we had a snow day and it had almost all melted by the weekend. Last week we had a virtual school day followed by a snow day due to power outages due to ice storm. Today its sunny and all snow is melted. Weather has been crazy. We didn't get snow until January. Where I grew up, the high was -9 below, with windshield -34 below. Grand Forks, North Dakota has winters that are hell. I still recall the 1997 flood that destroyed our house and forced the evacuation of the population. SE Wisconsin winters are much more milder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back