The Weather Where You Live? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Eh... you'll get used to it...

That's me, the green dot at the end of the green arrow.

As I posted in another thread, Helene destroyed our old house down on Bradenton Beach, ~45 miles south of where I live now.

I've lived here since 1980 but this is one of the only times I'm nervous about it, they virtually never make a bee line for Clearwater, which is why I chose the Gulf Coast. I can't see us having power after Wednesday so I may be offline for a while but we should be OK. Got plenty of food and water and other supplies already so not standing in the queue at the store, we plan ahead.

Also our dwelling is rock solid and not in an evac zone and even Orwell (my 1985 SS Monte Carlo (built and purchased in 1984)) is in a garage on pretty high ground so I think we're safe from just about everything

This looks to fly right over my house about mid week, not our first rodeo but this one does look to be one of the worst for this area. Taking all precautions.

Here is what the models say this morning.

Just like last night, two agree on it hitting just North of St Pete and then going across the state to just South of Daytona Beach. They have bent a bit more to the East instead of Northeast, so the exit point into the Atlantic would be more South than St Augustine.

And just like last night, the UKMET model shows it going into SW FL and then across to the East. It also has bent more to the East.

And the Official Predicted Track splits the difference between the two, which Just So Happens to include the population centers of Tampa/St Pete and Orlando.

Here is the latest model plot. Pretty much the same but a wee bit to the South. Uncomfortably close, especially when you consider that only 50 miles off track is considered to be dead nuts accurate in this business. Right now, the eye is only 10 miles wide, which means the eyewall with the highest winds is only 10 miles across. I guess that is why the winds are so high, it is small and spins up quickly. I will be boarding up tomorrow and trying to decide if to run away, however that would be to my brother's home in Augusta GA and they are just recovering from Helene, finally getting the electric power back on Sunday following it being off for over a week and then on and off on Saturday and Saturday night.

Users who are viewing this thread